Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Need help

Just bought DVDFab Ripper and want to start converting my disc collection and ISO files to MKVs so I can use plex. I really want to keep the image/audio quality as best as possible, what settings should I be using if I don't require any compression? I also don't want to lose my subtitles/ forced subtitles.

I have the movie "Sabotage" and when I use my DVDFab copy it makes a file about 6 gigs big (movie only) when I use Ripper with "high" quality it shows the end file only being 2.2 gigs. Why is that?

Should I just do all the files as MKV Passthrough to keep the best quality?

Ripper re-encodes the video. If you can stand the file size, MKV or MP4 Passthrough have quality equal to the original disc.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I just used Passthrough and it shows the file as 5.2 gigs, maybe that is the route to go?

Comment

Yes
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals, you have always come to my aid in the past.

I would love to have smaller files but I don't want the image quality to suffer. All my DVDs are standard ISO files, no blueray or the such. I just want movies only also.

Do you have any suggestions on how I should convert these ISO files? I have over 1200 so I really want to do it right the first time.

Comment

Also I should note that these files are going to be played on televisions 50" or larger. I know compressing files is not noticeable on smaller devices such as tablets, but this is going to be more my home theater and other tvs in the house.

Comment

I'm getting grey bars on the all sides of the movies I converted. Also one of the movies I checked "The Pirates, Band of Misfits" audio is way off. Also no options for subtitles? Does ripper not allow subtitles?

Comment

SSCR
                DVDFab does not add bars to the image, I think it may be your player or TV doing that. Were these made with one of the Passthrough options?

Comment

I used the MKV passthrough. I get a black bars around the image on my computer screen, you might be right about tv causing that.

Comment

I'm trying MakeMKV, if that works with no issues I will assume it's Ripper and will ask for a refund.

Comment

I just requested a refund, I will either keep them as ISO files or find a program that works easily. I don't have time to go through all this for 1300 files. Thanks Signals, I'm just computer stupid.

Comment

hi SSCR
                        Normally it works well, I am not sure why you are seeing problems. It may be related to the way the source movies were authored. You will need to speak with someone in the office about refunds. Normally these products have a no refund policy due to the extensive trial period that is provided. I suggest mona(at)dvdfab.cn. I think you gave up too soon on this.

Comment

Working...
                        X