Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 Audio Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 Audio Sync

I'm currently using version 9.1.7.1 and I'm having audio sync issues ripping Star Wars - The Clone Wars season 2. This is the 2008 series and not the 2003-2005 series. Also I see there's this thread http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.ph...ght=Clone+Wars from 2011 in which the original poster say's he was having an audio sync problem as well. These discs have up to 8 episodes on them but for some reason each episode does not have it's own playlist and instead has two playlists (100 & 101) which play all episodes back to back. I've watched all of playlist 100 and sampled playlist 101 and there doesn't to be any difference between the two. The original poster mentioned that he was trying to ripp separate episodes by selecting the chapters that represent each episode and Wilson Wang had mentioned that audio sync problems were a known issue when doing that.

Also when I say "Audio syc" problem, I mean that the farther along the playback goes the more of a lag there is between the video i.e. the characters mouths move and then 20-30 seconds later you hear the words. In the beginning it's hardly noticeable but towards the end of the 3 hours it's pretty bad.

I'm ripping to mp4 using the MPEG 4 codec using Fast Encoding 1-Pass, High Quality and audio is set to AC3 5.1 Multichannel and with all GPU codecs disabled and Lightning Recoding disabled and the end product still has audio sync issues. I haven't tried using the "Copy Audio" option yet, I'm not sure what difference it would make since Fab says that the audio track on these discs is EN AC-3/5.1.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue?

- Norm

I've attached a log file from my last ripp.
    Attached Files

Hi Norm, I have forwarded your issue to developers, thanks for your feedback.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Audio Sync Issue

Originally posted by Ning View Post
      I should also mention that since I posted this I'm noticing audio sync problems with numerous other Blu-ray movies as well: The Ward 2010, Lost in Space 1998, Edge of Tomorrow although some few titles ripp and the audio is fine. I'm going to have to downgrade and do some testing but I don't believe that the previous non-beta release 9.1.6.8 had this problem.

I'll test and post back with the results.

- Norm

Comment

Audio Sync Issue is a problem with the MPEG4 Codec

I downgraded to the previous version and still experienced the same problem using the exact same settings and so I went back to the latest 9.1.7.1.

On a hunch I tried changing the Codec (in advanced settings) from MPEG4 to H264 and I'm happy to report that the audio sync problem doesn't happen using that codec.

So I believe that the bottom line is that the MPEG4 codec is broken for many Blu-ray titles and that's the source of the problem.

- Norm

Comment

Thanks for the solid feedback Norm.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Audio Sync Issue is a problem with the MPEG4 Codec

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Thanks for the solid feedback Norm.
            Thanks, happy to help out!

- Norm

Comment

Star Wars - The Clone Wars Season 2 audio sync still a problem

I'm sorry but I have to revise my previous statement that switching to the h264 codec in the MP4 profile fixed "all" the audio sync issues. I had reripped all the movies that I had issues with i.e. The Ward, Lost in Space 1998, Edge of Tomorrow (a few others as well) as well as Star Wars - The Clone Wars (2008 series) and I'd watched The Ward, Lost in Space and Edge of Tomorrow and with the h264 codec I no longer had the audio sync issue. However last night when I got to Star Wars - The Clone Wars I'm sorry to say that I'm still having an audio sync issue that gets worse as the movie progresses and the entire season 2 has this problem.

So I don't know why this particular series has such a severe problem but I tried one more thing, I selected "Copy audio" in advanced options so basically Audio Passthrough and still the audio and video were out of sync. I couldn't select video passthrough as I got some kind of warning that VC-1 can't be handled in this manner or something. I should also mention that Season 3 does not appear to have this problem and audio and video are in sync.

So the developers need to look at why there's a problem with season 2.

- Norm
              Last edited by Norm@Home; 11-10-2014, 12:33 AM. Reason: Posted before finished writing

Comment

Working...
              X