DVD ripping to MKV passthrough with subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD ripping to MKV passthrough with subtitles

I'd like to report an issue when ripping from DVD sources using the MKV passthrough template:

1. When using the "Remux into file" option, some lines in the subtitle tracks fail to display during playback, albeit not all.

2. When using the "Extract to idx/sub file" option, all lines display correctly, but when two lines appear at the same time (such as when there is a dialogue line and a line to translate in-movie text at once), the second line appears discoloured, washed out, and difficult to read.

While I'm at it, I feel it also worth mentioning that the only subtitle option when using the VOB template is "Remux into file", there are no available subtitle tracks to choose from during playback regardless.

Is any of this fixable?

Requesting move to "DVDFab DVD Ripper / Blu-ray Ripper (3D Plus)". I posted this in here by mistake.

Comment

Done
      VOB Passthrough does not decode the video so the Direct Render option can't be used (since no rendering takes place in passthrough).

Not sure about the other problems you report, I have not noticed them but maybe others have or the QA Team can try to duplicate them. They will need to know the version of DVDFab you have installed and whether this happens of all discs or just certain ones.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Done
        VOB Passthrough does not decode the video so the Direct Render option can't be used (since no rendering takes place in passthrough).

Not sure about the other problems you report, I have not noticed them but maybe others have or the QA Team can try to duplicate them. They will need to know the version of DVDFab you have installed and whether this happens of all discs or just certain ones.
        In the case of VOB's, I'm not attempting to do a direct render. The only option is "Remux into file". What I'm saying is that the VOB does not have selectable subtitles to display during playback. It's as if the VOB passthrough discarded the subtitles completely.

I'm using DVDFab 9.1.7.1 and have only tested with DVD sources. All DVD's I've tried to rip in this fashion have had these results.

Comment

Working...
        X