Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convert one MP4 type to another MP4 type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Convert one MP4 type to another MP4 type?

I have some MP4's from another source that doesn't play on other devices. Can we take a MP4 designed for one type of player and convert to a more adaptable MP4 version? Am I making sense?
    Thanks,

Hi, Converter mode can achieve your purpose
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Giving it a shot. Is there a standard most common MP4 settings that is available?

Comment

I've tried several formats but in all cases - the encoding FPS dwindles down to almost zero. I click the preview button just to see what happens. I get the message "no preview since there is no re-encoding. It is possible this mp4 format I have just won't convert to a more usable mp4 format? It stalls on my blueray player which has a USB port for feeding video. My other mp4's work fine so it must be some encoding issue with what I have.

Comment

We need better information to be able to help you. Post the DVDFab internal log session from one of the "won't play" file conversions. Also, scan one of them with MediaInfo and post or attach the information it provides. An almost universally playable MP4 uses h264 video encoding and stereo AAC audio, no subtitles remuxed.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X