Jim Carrey's A Christmas Carol 3D Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Jim Carrey's A Christmas Carol 3D Issues

Having trouble with this 3D. I've archived almost all of my 3D blurays over these last few days. Trouble with 2. As noted in other thread Monsters U. And now this one.

Essentially same symptom. DVDFab appears to off in some loop that the copy protection creates. As a result all archiving comes to a screeching halt but DVDFab and the drive appear to be very busy reading but doing nothing.

Both have a history of issues. Issues that can be found searching here as well as other bluray archiving software forums.

I have archived 3D A Christmas Carol in the past, have new internal hard drive in my media player and am re-archiving my 3D movies to that hard drive.

From when archiving worked for these two disks to now something changed. DVDFab V9 no longer works for these two disks.

Seems to me 3D archiving continues to not get the attention we end users need. Several post in multiple threads right here on this forum expressing that opinion.

Can 3D get a little DVDFab love please?
    Last edited by Guest; 12-21-2014, 04:48 PM.

The symptoms when a 3D disk is not going to work so far are the same.

Typically, even with 3D, DVDFab reads the disk quickly, I have the familiar options for selecting track, renaming it, picking audio, file type, etc. Once configured, I make mkv's, and click start, takes a moment to analyze and then begins. I see FPS's while archiving in the high 40's to low 50's. I get higher FPS's with 2D of course.

When DVDFab has a problem with the disk DVDFab takes a very very long time simply to read the disk initially. When the options of make the archive finally come up even those menus are very slow. Selecting options, very slow. And if I can get to "Start", to begin making the archive, I get maybe 10-15 FPS.

When I say something is sending DVDFab into some kind of loop, that is in part what I mean. DVDFab is working very hard, way harder than normal. But it isn't getting anywhere.

Comment

Instead on endless speculation about what may or may not be going on under the hood, I suggest posting the internal log session for this disc.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Glad to but as before the only way this is really going to get addressed is if DVDFab gets the actual disks. My internal log isn't going to provide what DVDFab coders actually need.

I'll have to look and see if my log even recorded anything. There are no error messages to capture.

Comment

Actually signals I'm not going to post my logs. Your "endless" comment is the insult you intended.

If DVDFab doesn't want to get this disk and address the issues with 3D bluray archiving, something even you've pointed out, then that's on them.

I am at that point where if I continue I become the unpaid beta tester that I despise in terms of DVDFab's development model.

If DVDFab wants to actually be the best media archiving software they'll get this disk on their own regardless of what I do or do not post.

Have a nice day signals.

I'll watch for updates and they will demonstrate if DVDFab is serious about quality or not. There are other issues, like frame overlapping, even with their "successful" 3D archiving process. Something this disk would give them a chance to address as well.

Comment

You're right, I should have said "pointless", but in this case both words apply. Post the log or not, but you can't be regarded as seriously interested in the problem if you don't. Let the developers decide if it would be helpful.

Enjoy your time off, you have been around here long enough to know better.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X