No announcement yet.

Full HD for tablet = 2.5 hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Full HD for tablet = 2.5 hours?

Hello all and a happy new year

i finally got my cube u65gt tablet and went on to try dvd ripper before getting a lifetime license, buuuuuut i must be doing something wrong

so, i chose mkv and set the resolution manually to 1920x1080 since the tablet support 1080p and there was no such option. Is this ok? Because as soon as i define full hd resolution the output file rockets to 5 GB and ripping time goes 2.5 hours. I get same numbers with mp4 too. Let alone that it's not readable by the tablet because it cannot read it from the sd card (it's bigger tham 4 GB).

The default options e.g. "High Quality" have a resolution of 720x456, which i tried and the result is the black bars on top and below the movie. Is there a way i can take advantage of the full 9.7" fullhd screen?

What type of content are you ripping, DVD or Bluray? Also which profile are you using for ripping?

Comment

hi Nik_Simpson, what do you mean by "profiles"? As said, i tried both MKV and MP4 and the only manual entries i've changed (from the default ones) was the resolution (to 1920x1080) and the sound (AAC - Dobly Prologic II).

I'm ripping DVD (i copy them first with DVD Copy in the hard disk).

Comment

If the movie is a DVD try leaving the resolution at 720x456, it will fill out the display and look great, finish faster and be a smaller file. Just because it will display 1080p doesn't mean you must.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

i tried the default "high quality" values and it does finish way faster (~15 mins on quad core), but it doesn't fill the screen. There are the known horizontal black bars

Comment

Do a chapter or two @ 1920x1080 and I suspect the black bars will be there too.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              Do a chapter or two @ 1920x1080 and I suspect the black bars will be there too.
              good call, i'll give it a try and report back

Comment

Most playback devices will upscale on the fly to fill the screen, generally it is better not to try to upscale while converting. Any movie will have black bars unless it is 1.78:1 aspect ratio to match your screen. 1.33:1 will have bars on each side, 2.35 or 2.4:1 will have bars top and bottom. Follow the good advice from 90312 for encode settings.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Black bars may be be there by design

Many movies are not shot in a 16x9 aspect ratio (the ratio of a 1920x1080 display) in which case you will have letterboxed output i.e. black bars at the top and bottom of the display.

Comment

Working...
                  X