DVD Title order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD Title order

If I have a DVD with multiple titles (i.e. a DVD with several episodes), when I play the DVD it would play them in the right order (episode 1 that is title 1, episode 2 that is title 2 and so on). When I rip the DVD I would like to rip them into one file (with merge feature) but my question is - what is the best way to find the title order in DVD? DVDFab would only take the title with the longest play one checked by default, and the other titles are listed in "others" without specific order.

Thanks.

I tried on today of a TV series disc, and the one selected at the top (the "main movie") was the Play All title, which includes all titles. I unchecked it. The ones below it were the individual episodes in disc playback order.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for testing it. This is true for some DVD but not all the cases depending on the DVD. Some DVDs provide a "full" title and then "individual" titles of each episode, but some DVD simply provide "individual" titles of each episode in the right order. As I tested with other DVD rippers typically they would simply list the "individual" titles in the original order, but DVDFab would pick the one that plays the longest time and assumes it's the main movie. It works in most cases for movies but not TV series.

Comment

This does need to be improved, but until it is you could make a Main Movie rip of each episode, then use Ripper Merge to put them together. The title playback order should be as shown if PathPlayer is enabled (if the disc even has individual episodes, some of them don't).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

my correction

After further testing I found that the DVD titles for TV series were listed in right order regardless of the play time. Thanks.

Comment

Why would you want to make one big rip of a series of episodes?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having individual episodes?

I convert all of my TV episode discs to individual m4v/mp4 files and then "index them" in Plex. This way I can search for an individual episode and play it without having to fast forward trying to find the end of one episode and the beginning of the next.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
            X