X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Audio on smaller clips for iPhone

Hi there,

I've had DVDFab for a long time now and have put up with this small problem for a while, but decided now is the time to tackle it.

Using the DVD to Mobile option - I always use the "Split By Chapter" option so I can watch films on my iPhone, but the consistent problem I have is that any clip under or just around the 2 minute size carries no audio.

This isn't just on certain films, but on all. For example, today I've been trying to encode "Roughnecks - Starship Trooper Chronicles" (the CGI series) for playing on the iPhone. No matter which setting I use, whether it's the default for iPhone or iPod or even "tweaked" settings, if any clip is under 2 minutes in size there is no audio. Larger clips have no problem...

Can anyone point to why this may be happening (e.g. it's a known problem), or what specific information would be helpful?

A starter: Windows Vista 64bit, DVDFab - 6.0.7.0 (this has always been a problem for me on previous versions too).

Many thanks,

Raistlin182

Hello...?

Hi there,

After no getting any replies or suggestions/offers of help I decided to e-mail support, but have not had any reply to that either.

Could someone tell me if there is another way to get support?

Regards,

Raistlin182

Comment

A delay of 36-72 hours can be expected on support requests made on the website. The unusual nature of your problem (making 2 minute clips) may be why you had no responses. That's barely long enough for DVDFab to spin up the Source and get the codecs running. Why is it necessary to split the output into 2:00 chunks? Your iDevice will support much larger/longer files. ??
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals,

I believe I've been waiting longer than that, but that's a moot point, I'm grateful for your reply.

Regarding the 2+ minutes: It's not my choice as to the duration of the clips...

On my iPhone I don't want the film in one long file, because if I change movie on occasion the iPhone won't remember the position that film was last at.

Therefore I choose the iPod/iPhone option, then go into the Edit option of the profile. In the Video Format section there is a drop down selection called Split, so I choose the option Split By Chapter.

These chapters are obviously set by the film makers.

Then, once done I can watch the film in decent smaller chunks. If they are over the 2 minutes and a few seconds in length, great, but if less, then no audio.

I was hoping that DVDFab would have the option that has been in other software for a long time (e.g. AVS Media), whereby you can set your own chapter points (e.g. every 5 minutes), so watching on a mobile is an easier experience, but to the best of my knowledge you can't do this...

Hope this explains why I want this feature to work,

Regards,

Raistlin182

Comment

DVDFab Support...

To DVDFab support,

So far no reply to my problem via the web contact option I sent in, and no reply to this post.

I have now submitted another plea for help via the contact pages.

Please let me know what else do I need to do for some help.

Regards,

Raistlin182

Comment

Was it something I've said...?

Now I'm not one to feel paranoid, but I have no idea why DVDFab Support are not seemingly trying to help solve my problem... I do not believe I have been abusive or insulting in anyway, but have always been polite.

Neither my direct contact e-mails or this post seem to be getting any attention.

Can I ask again, could someone please tell me what do I need to do to get some help from DVDFab support?

Many thanks,

Raistlin182

Comment

Be patient and wait. The Fab team will get around to it !!!!

I must admit that I think it will be lower priority at the moment as you are the only one that appears to be having this problem and there are far more urgent things to be resolved on the Blu-Ray front for many users.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks Gregiboy, I do hope you understand though that with the DVDFab support team not even acknowledging my post (nor the e-mails I've sent) it's easy to feel frustrated and ignored.

I have been following the direction that the software is taking with Blu-Ray, which at the moment is not of as much interest to me as I watch more on my iPhone than on my Blu-Ray setup, but I hope that doesn't mean that the DVDFab team do not see me as any less important a customer than anyone else?

The DVD to DVD, the DVD to Mobile and the File to Mobile sections of the software are still important to people, so I hope that the lack of help with my problem is not a sign that the DVDFab support team are no longer interested in this development?

As a moderator then I wonder what your guide would be for me to do in this situation. I appreciate you have said be patient and wait, but a reality is that I have written on this forum and sent in e-mails, none of which have been acknowledged.

If I don't keep seeking help then this post will very quickly reside in the "forgotten - assumed dealt with" pile, and I am pretty sure that the DVDFab support team do not trawl hundreds of long gone posts just to see if they missed anything, thus my concern that for some reason I am simply not going to be getting any help, which seems a bit unfair and contrary to the help others have got with this software.

I am not a trouble maker trying to cause a fuss, I am merely a customer trying to get a solution for the software which is not functioning for me as described.

Many thanks for any steer,

Raistlin182

Comment

As I said, I think you problem will be a fair way down the priority list but don't despair, I think there is a workaround.

Firstly, do the conversion as you normally do and note the offending chapter and filename. Move all the files somewhere else on your hard disk.

Select the title again but this time, and then use the Title Start/End settings to select the offending chapter with also either the one before or the one after.

See if this encode now contains audio and if so, replace the previously encoded 2 x chaprtres with this file. Obviously you will have to maintain a naming convention on the files so that they play in the correct order.

Hope this helps,
                  GregiBoy.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Gregiboy,

Apolgies for the delay in replying, but I wanted to thank you for the work-around.

Whilst not addressing the issue directly, it has given a temporary solution that I can live with. It's a small pain in the butt still, as the discs I've been doing have roughly 8 to 9 chapters out of 28 needing to be 'joined' with the following one to increase the file size and thus capturing the audio, but I can deal with it for now.

I will wait another couple of months and then try support again to see if they will acknowledge me, as a simple return e-mail from the support team telling me they had my fault listed would have gone a long way as far as customer satisfaction goes.

Hopefully should any other potential users come along and by chance see this, they will appreciate that whilst the support teams communication has been very poor to me for whatever reason, the communication from the moderators here should give some confidence in the product and ability to find solutions.

Best regards Gregiboy,

Raistlin182

Comment

Working...
                    X