Audio Level issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Audio Level issues

I've been using DVDFab for a long time to just do uncompressed rips and store them in iso format. I've since moved onto the next progression and started converting them to mp4 for obvious reasons. That being said I'm still fairly new to this and have a few questions.

Settings:
    DVDFab 9.1.7.1
    H264
    Encoding Method: High quality 2 pass
    Video Quality: High quality
    Codec: AAC
    5.1 Multichannel
    I've also tested "Copy audio" for same as source and seen no difference in #1

1) It seems like my rips come out with a lot lower sound level than the original uncompressed iso. Am I doing something wrong?

2) I've been using "High Quality" as a standard but I've noticed that when DVDFab scans the original iso it varies on what it selects whether it be Normal, High quality or customized. Does DVDFab scan for the best optimized settings to get the smallest file size or should I continue selecting High Quality for each file?

When making your mp4, after selecting the source, click "EDIT" and you can increase the volume of the mp4. See attached:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

bp123
      In addition to the suggestion that 90312 provided, I would point out that when set for audio copy, DVDFab makes no changes to the audio stream itself, so if audiocopy rips play back with less volume, it is most likely something in your playback device, perhaps a setting or the way the different decoder chipsets work. I have noticed the same thing in playing back mp4s and I have switched to using AAC audio with the volume set to about 130%. The volume setting may be in a different place in the version of DVDFab that you are using, I would recommend an update to the current version.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Also the volume adjustment does not function if audio copy is selected.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Must be the decoders as you mentioned because I'm playing it back from the same computer that ripped it. Thats annoying! lol

I've seen the volume level adjustment tool there I just thought I'd ask before I started tweaking settings within the movies. Unfortunately that means I'm gonna have to do a few test runs and redo the 300 movies I already did! #FirstWorldProblems

Thanks for the info guys. Any thoughts on number 2? Figure I might as well nail that concept down as well before I start reripping all of these movies!

Comment

That's a matter of opinion, I use high quality and stay with one pass. Decide what you like best and go with it.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Much appreciated on the quick replies guys.

Comment

High Quality or Custom (higher) unless size is a real issue for some reason (and the files will be much smaller not using audio copy).
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Whenever I load up 12-15+ ISO's in the task queue it always crashes. Is this a known error? Is there a limit to the number it can handle at one time?

Also wondering why the "save profile" feature doesn't save the "High Quality" setting or 130% audio.

Maybe its my fault since I havn't bothered to update.

Comment

I have never tried more than one or two Sources at a time in Ripper out of concern for CPU/GPU temperatures, but I am not aware of any built-in limit. Try updating on the other issues, although the audio level issue may be sort of "in transition" in the current version, it was recently moved as part of a re-work of the Edit page(s) that are part of some other improvements.

Comment

The audio level setting actually stuck. So I was mistaken when I said that. Would still love it if the "High quality" setting would save to default though so I could stop manually doing it on each movie lol

Comment

These two issues are as discussed in the threads:- http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=26434 and http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=26421
                        Sound level normalisation and the ripper queue falling over when it gets to 13-14

Mutt
                        Last edited by Muttley.Drat; 02-20-2015, 10:39 AM. Reason: Missed second thread
                        Mutt ... All-In-One Lifetime Member

Comment

Working...
                        X