Max file size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Max file size?

Hi.... noticed that in the last couple of updates, not matter what bitrate you enter under custom, the BD Rip encoding (I use Apple TV 3), will not exceed whatever is under "High Quality".

I used to encode everything at 11Mb/s, but now I can't get anything to encode higher than "High Quality".

Using the very latest 9.1.8.7 I use AppleTV 3 profile and use 5.1 AAC encoding at 448kbps

See the attached capture. Are you selecting Customized? At bitrates shown in the capture, you are approaching the point of diminishing returns for h264 and anything much higher approaches the bitrate and size of the original disc, in which case you should just use the Copy Video checkbox if an Apple TV 3 will play it..
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      See the attached capture. Are you selecting Customized? At bitrates shown in the capture, you are approaching the point of diminishing returns for h264 and anything much higher approaches the bitrate and size of the original disc, in which case you should just use the Copy Video checkbox if an Apple TV 3 will play it..
      I understand. But why take the feature away? Besides, many BDs have 25-40Mb/s and are encoded with h.264. There is no way that DVDFab limiting a BD at 30Mb/s and re-encoding it back to 9Mb/s is going to make it look the same.

Can you guys please add back in the ability to let us encode to any bit rate we want?

Thanks

Comment

In advanced settings you can select customized and set the bit rate to whatever you want:
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Well that's not quite true, there is a maximum but it is way higher than you would ever use.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm saying that even though, yes you can set it to custom, DVDFab seems to be limiting what it will really do.

I can tell DVDFab to rip a movie at 15Mb/s, which will result in a file of 15GB (just an example). DVDFab says it will be 15GB..... but when it's done, all that's output is an 8GB file.

This started a couple of months ago.

Comment

Okay I understand. I haven't tried exceeding high quality.

Albert Einstein

Comment

OK... just so no one runs around on this any more. I had an older version of DVDfab installed (like two years old) and the latest. Somehow I think their brains merged!

Coincidentally, my computer crashed and I had to reinstall everything (windows, software, etc) from scratch. After I installed the latest dvdfab, I tested and sure enough, I have no problems exceeding High Quality bitrate any more.

Who knows? Yikes

Comment

Working...
                X