No announcement yet.

Subtile question (not stricly DVDFab)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Subtile question (not stricly DVDFab)

I've given up on using SRT format in mkv files because it causes Windows Media Center to crash, so I'm in the process of taking the srt subs, converting them to a graphic based format and remuxing the mkv files. This works fine for 16x9 content, but when I do this for letterbox video where autocrop was used to remove the black bars, I can't get the subtitles to display. My guess is that they being displayed where the black bars would be so they don't show up. Does that sound plausible? If so, what am I doing wrong, the process I'm using is to load the srt files into SubtitleEdit and export them Bluray Sup format, then using mkvmerge to remux the mkv file.

I think it does not sound plausible to go through all this trouble just to cater to a crappy player like Windows Media Center. It can't even handle the simplest format there is?
    Last edited by CBR929; 02-26-2015, 11:10 AM. Reason: Removed text

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
    MultiShrink
    : DVD Shrink batch processing
    Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Nik, have you tried DVDFab Media Player? For playing video files, it is free forever, no license required.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

yeah, thanks for that Chetwood, remind me to be so helpful if you ever have a question.
        Last edited by CBR929; 02-26-2015, 11:11 AM. Reason: Removed text

Comment

Media Center is at the heart of my playback system, and apart from this SRT problem functions perfectly, so using another media player isn't an option I'm interested in, but thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

You're welcome.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
            MultiShrink
            : DVD Shrink batch processing
            Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Working...
            X