No announcement yet.

How to get Forced Subtitles to show for Star Wars movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) How to get Forced Subtitles to show for Star Wars movies

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before; in fact, I found one thread that discussed it at: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=18976&page=2

However, I am using DVDFab 9.1.9.9 (28/04/2015) and can't find any of these listed tracks:

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - 6th English Subtitle
    Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - 6th English Subtitle
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - None
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope - 2nd English Subtitle OR 5th English Subtitle
    Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - None
    Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - 6th English Subtitle

In version 9 of the software, there is only ONE option for English subtitles in the drop down menu, in addition to checking the "Display only forced Subtitle" box:

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    pete

I think those recommendations are based on the discs in the BD box set of the complete saga. Not sure what you are using, please clarify. There should be multiple English streams on each of the discs, some as many as 3 or 4 as I recall. If I can locate my box set I will check it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have the BD Box set "The Complete Saga."

I think the problem I'm having is finding the additional English streams; DVDFab only has an option for ONE English stream, and when I use that, it doesn't included the Forced Subtitles.

Thanks,
      pete

Comment

Pete
        It should show all of the available sub streams. I will check mine and post the results here.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I finally found it! I feel dumb; I wasn't scrolling down the language list far enough... LOL.

Thanks for the help!
          pete

Comment

Haha never stop until you reach the end of the road. Checking on this did uncover a new problem however. See the attached screen capture of New Hope, English is selected but Danish is shown. This problem may only take place in Preview but could still cause you to select the wrong stream in Ripper, I am checking it and will report it to the QA Team.
            Attached Files

Comment

I double-checked the file after the rip and I saw English subtitles for the alien-speak; so it worked okay on my end.

However, I came across DVDs of the original (unaltered) version of Episodes 4-6, back when they were "Star Wars," "The Empire Strikes Back," and "Return of the Jedi," and I could not get the subtitles to work by selecting either of the two English subtitle tracks. Odd, huh?

pete

Comment

star wars sub titles

Hi, I have the box set of STAR WARS -THE COMPLETE SAGA on BD. Do all the movies have forced sub titles?

Comment

Not that matter in some cases. One (maybe New Hope) has only 2 or 3 forced subs in the entire movie. Some have huge numbers of sub streams which makes them hard to find.

Comment

Working...
                  X