H265 Dark Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) H265 Dark Scenes

Hi, I just made a rip of Interstellar. I was ripping from disk and iso to h265 mp4 I noticed that when h265 is selected in the first chapter when the daughter comes into the room to talk to the dad who was having a dream, near his elbow it is extremely blocky (Dark Scene) I then ripped to h264 and it was fine. I am figuring this is a problem with how h265 works? I tried different settings / bit rates nothing seemed to help. Is this something that can be fixed?

Hi,

Please post the DVDFab internal log file.

Which player is used?

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I've tried it with vlc, kodi, and some others. I've also gone back and looked at other h265 mp4 rips I've done and see the same thing. I believe its the codec and how it works. I did some research and apparently dark scenes are difficult scenes to enocode. If I do it with h264 / mp4 I the problem goes away

Comment

Although I am not sure the forum reproduces these well enough, here are two captures from the 2:00 minute mark of Interstellar. I can't really see much difference. I think the limitation on detail in dark scenes like these is in the LCD panels themselves, and some are better than others. These were cut from a 1920x1080 capture and were made with high quality settings in Ripper.
        Attached Files
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yeah I was wondering that but there was a noticeable difference with h264 vs h265 in that scene on the dads elbow while laying in bed talking to his daughter. The elbow with h265 is very blocky and with h264 I don't see any of that. Tried on my computer monitor and tv

Comment

Working...
          X