Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper MKV sub/idx remuxed into file troubles

Hi
    For quite some time,and versions of DVDfab,i have had this very annoying problem with making MKV-files with your program.
    I use MKV-passthrough and i want the Danish subtitle integrated in the resulting MKV-file,so i select "remux into file".
    But the resulting subtitle has severe problems,often the subtitle does not start correctly or is not selected in players(VLC).
    I tried to select "extract to sub/idx file" and here the subtitle seems to be correct and can be viewed in for example bds2s and subtitlecreator.
    If i extract the sub/idx from the "remux into file" the resulting sub/idx crashes subtitlecreator and BDS2S gives a "BUFFER error"
    I tried to tick "forced subtitle",but still the same problem.
    I seem to have this problem with all dvds,i have tried using Makemkv and it works perfectly with the very same dvds.
    Currently using version 9.2.0.2 ,and full lifetime package.
    Regards Hasse

Hi.
    Sorry, i forgot some info.
    I use the windows version and tried on 2 different computers one with win7 and the other win8.Same issue on both.
    Seems it happens when the video is not re-encoded,but set to "copy video"
    Bds2s(BDSup to sub) error are "Corrupt buffer offset information"
    Sorry about missing this information.
    Regards Hasse

Comment

Hi hasse
      I tested this with a different disc since I don't have the one you used. I reproduced the problem with the PGS subs in all players, but the VobSub option plays perfectly in Fab Media Player (but not in VLC). I have notified the QA Team in Beijing.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you very much.
        Looking forward to get this solved.
        I have a LOT of tv-series (off-course payed for,and i own the original discs)
        I prefer to use the MKV-container,in dvdfab it is a whole lot easier to get the different episodenumbers right,with the preview-function.
        Regards Hasse

Comment

I hope there can be a quick solution for you.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi
            Still having the same problem.
            Must admit i am kind of dissappointed,5 months have gone, tried every new update and no fix still.
            Any updates on this issue???
            Regards Hasse

Comment

Working...
            X