Lip Sync Issue Taken 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Lip Sync Issue Taken 3

Per Signals' request, I am starting a new thread for a lip sync issue ripping Taken 3 using version 9.2.0.2. The lip sync is a few seconds off by the time you get to the end of the movie. The logs are file attached. Note that with version 8.2.3 the lip sync is fine but the subtitles are off.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jbinkley60; 06-29-2015, 10:24 PM. Reason: Edit title

Please try it again with AnyDVD turned off and let Fab generate a new internal log on its own. I just made an MP4 conversion with v9.2.0.2 that had perfect sync throughout. I will test the m2ts profile that you used when time permits.
    //////////UPDATE////////
    The m2ts conversion had perfect sync also. What are you using to play this back?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Please try it again with AnyDVD turned off and let Fab generate a new internal log on its own. I just made an MP4 conversion with v9.2.0.2 that had perfect sync throughout. I will test the m2ts profile that you used when time permits.
      //////////UPDATE////////
      The m2ts conversion had perfect sync also. What are you using to play this back?
      I disabled AnyDVD and tried it again with the same results. I tried two different playlists (800 and 801). Note that I am using the copy audio option when I have issues. If I do M2TS passthrough or select AC3 audio, there are no lipsync issues. For playback I tried VLC and a WD Live streamer box.

Here's the new logs.
      Attached Files

Comment

My trials were with 801, which is the extended edition. Not sure why we see different results, the passthrough audio normally syncs well, I have used it on several discs. The QA Team in Beijing will test this also when time permits. Thanks for the new log.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've continued to do testing and the Copy Audio function seems to be the key. When I have it enabled is when the lipsync condition occurs. I've tried installing DVDFab on a completely different machine, tried all variations of bitrates, CUDA on/off, various subtitle settings, building the source ISO with both DVDFab and AnyDVD and the key is the copy audio option. Note that I have been able to reproduce this problem on one other Blu-Ray, Battleship. It behaves identically (lipsync gets progressively worse and is off by a few seconds at the end of the ripped file). Also, when I use DVDFab 8.2.3 with its audiocopy function I don't see the problem. I hope this helps.

Comment

I found one more doing the same thing, Terminator 2: Judgment Day. It is only slightly off at the end and not seconds but it is still off around 1/2 of a second.

The thing all of them have in common is that the playlist is made up of many parts. The Terminator 2 main playlist 17 has 28 parts. I haven't been able to reproduce this problem on rips which have a single m2ts file for the playlist.

Comment

Sorry for all of the posts but I wanted to be clear on the problem. It isn't when I use passthrough. I agree that is fine. I've attached screenshots to show the settings when it is bad and when the lip sync is good.
              Attached Files

Comment

jbinkley
                Thanks for adding the captures. The problem occurs when you are re-encoding the video but not the audio. m2ts passthrough just copies the original files from the Source (no decode or encode) and the sync is also good when encoding both video and audio.

Comment

jbinkley
                  Thanks for adding the captures. The problem occurs when you are re-encoding the video but not the audio. m2ts passthrough just copies the original files from the Source (no decode or encode) and the sync is also good when encoding both video and audio.
                  Correct and so far I can only reproduce it on Blu-Rays with playlists that have many m2ts files. It doesn't do it on all Blu-Rays. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
                    Correct and so far I can only reproduce it on Blu-Rays with playlists that have many m2ts files. It doesn't do it on all Blu-Rays. Thanks.
                    One other thing I forgot to mention is that I tried testing with 8-10 different versions all the way back to 9150 and all demonstrated the issue but 8.2.3 doesn't. It works fine with the audio copy function and encoding video.

Comment

I have replicated this issue on the Australian extended edition of Taken 3. I am using MKV pass-through settings. There are four streams on the BD that have the same Extended Edition length. I was not sure which one to RIP so I ripped all of them, they all have the lip sync issue.

Comment

jbinkley
                        Just checking to see if you've heard anything from the developers on being able to fix this one ?

Comment

Any word from the developers on the lip sync issue ?

Comment

Nothing heard. The first step will be to reproduce the problem, which may mean waiting for international shipment of some of these discs.

Comment

So while we wait I believe I have found a workaround. If I rip the Blu-Rays to MKV format using the same setting there is no lipsync problem like with the m2ts format. Then if I use theDVDFab converter function I can convert from MKV to M2TS. I've tested it with Taken 3 and one other Blu-Ray and so far the results have been fine. Of course I could just leave them in MKV format but my other 2,000+ rips are in M2TS format.

Comment

Working...
                              X