9207 corrupted profile screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 9207 corrupted profile screen

Unfortunately I had dvdfab upgraded to the latest 9207 and found that the profile screen (all profiles) was corrupted as screenshot attached when I attempted to rip a bluray iso file created by dvdfab. I didn't download the previous version, is there anyway I can download the previous version? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Checking this. Previous versions are not officially supported and are generally unavailable.

I can't duplicate the mess on your screen capture. Try uninstalling v9.2.0.7, then do a fresh download and reinstall it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I completely uninstalled dvdfab 9207 including personal data and customization, reinstalled dvdfab 9207, same issue.

I then uninstalled dvdfab 9207 and then installed the latest old version I had 9199, and it worked. It appears to be an issue of the new 9207. I'm very upset with the fact that when the new version doesn't work, I can't roll back to the previous version that worked.

Comment

If you save the installers, or the most recent 5 or 10, you can always use them temporarily. I can't duplicate what you are seeing, which I agree is a mess. I have not seen any other mention of it in the forum, I will ask the Service Team if they have gotten any emails about it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've also encounted the exact same problem.
          Did the upgrade 'within' dvdfab (as usually).
          Tried to reinstall - same shit, different time...
          I'm still on W7 HomePrem.

Comment

Unfortunately I did in-place upgrade last time and didn't keep the installer. Lesson learned, always keep the source of a good copy.

I don't know if it's relevant. I'm on Win8.1 with English as primary display language, and set non-Unicode program to start with Chinese Traditional so that it can handle Chinese Traditional file name.

Comment

The character settings may matter, I will pass it along.

Comment

Interaction with a graphics driver

That sort of display corruption can be a problem with the graphics driver. What's the hardware config, and is the graphics driver up to date?

Comment

same for me everything is corrupted and 9205 work fine. 9207-08 is bad, so it can't be on my part... something is rong on the program. did not do any change on my pilot ... did not send a scrrenshot because it's the same as the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by garfield View Post
                    same for me everything is corrupted and 9205 work fine. 9207-08 is bad, so it can't be on my part... something is rong on the program. did not do any change on my pilot ... did not send a scrrenshot because it's the same as the other one.

Hi,

Would you please do a clean uninstall and reinstall? or try to install DVDFab to a new path.

Please upload the template.ptmp file here if you still get the same issue after clean reinstill.

Please replace the file in the .zip file and check the result again.

Thanks!

Wilson
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 08-07-2015, 03:40 AM.
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I had problems with the corrected screen as well. It seems like there has to be permission problems somewhere in the install. When I ran the installer as admin it fixed some of my problems, but not this one. If you run DVDfab as admin instead of just regularly, it fixed this problem for me. I hope that helps and maybe it will help them run down the problems that are being reported.

If I run version 9205, it works just fine. When I run version 9207 or 9208 it seems I have all sorts of permission problems.

I hope that helps you track down the problems. Thank you

Comment

I tested replacing the template.ptmp from attachment with 9208 but it doesn't fix the issue.

Also, as a side issue, when I drap an iso file to the ripper screen, after it reads the iso info (progress bar) then nothing shown on screen. I have to switch it to copy screen and then back to ripper screen, then the title is shown. Again, this issue only applies to 9207 and 9208.

Comment

same for me as (coolala), did what you ask and nothing change,remove program and install as admin delete the file that you asked but still the same.
                          Last edited by garfield; 08-09-2015, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Did you have try to install DVDFab to another new path?

Wilson
                            Please post your logs the default location is:
                            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

In my testing I didn't install it on different path, I took the default. However, after a full uninstall, I verified that the default path C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9 folder was completely deleted before re-installing. Also, if I installed 9199 even on the same path, it worked fine. I am not sure why the path matter in this case.

Comment

Working...
                              X