No announcement yet.

Minix X8-H player doesn't play Blue-ray ripped by DVDFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Minix X8-H player doesn't play Blue-ray ripped by DVDFab

Hi,

I just bought the Sopranos Series, made copies of the Blue-rays (exact copy), stored them on my server and wanted to play them back on my Minix X8-H player (Kodi). But that doesn't work. There is no menu, nothing, just the folders and files. When I click on a file, it starts but the audio and video is very slow.
    I tried MKV Passthrough but that's the same.
    Do I need to install another Player on the Minix box? Or do I need to convert the Blue-rays into another format?
    I really would like to have all options of the Blue-rays enabled and the video stream in HD and the audio output in DTS5:1.

Thank you very much for any hints and help.

Cheers
    Caesar

Hi,

Resolved by enabling Passthrough on the Minix Player.
    Now I need to know how to enable the Blue-ray menu options (Audio Setup, Subtitles, Episodes etc). That doesn't show up. I have to go into the folder to find the actual file and then click on it to play that.
    Can anyone help please?

Comment

Hi Caesar, the player may not support menu functions for BD content, many do not. You could try the VidOn.me player, info here: http://www.vidon.me/vidon_xbmc.htm It is a partner product of Fengtao Software. Scroll down on the linked page for detailed info and other links. It does support BD-J menus.

Try the VidOn.me forum if you have questions about it, they have very knowledgeable users there that can help you, true experts on media players.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Hi Caesar, the player may not support menu functions for BD content, many do not. You could try the VidOn.me player, info here: http://www.vidon.me/vidon_xbmc.htm It is a partner product of Fengtao Software. Scroll down on the linked page for detailed info and other links. It does support BD-J menus.

Try the VidOn.me forum if you have questions about it, they have very knowledgeable users there that can help you, true experts on media players.
        Thank you kindly.
        I will try that.

Cheers
        Caesar

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Hi signals,

Thanks again for your help.
          I installed the VidOn.me player and signed up for the Pro membership. Unfortunately the player is very buggy, crashes and does not support Blu-ray menu navigation (even though they say so with the Pro membership).
          Any other suggestion?
          Much appreciated.

Cheers
          Caesar

Comment

Working...
          X