MKV BD Rip with Nvidia Cuda Stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MKV BD Rip with Nvidia Cuda Stuttering

I use Windows 10 64Bit. The Videocard is Geforce GTX960. With all newest Drivers, newest geforce 355.82.

DVDFab is latest Version 9.2.1.0

If i rip a BD Movie into MKV 1080p with Nvidia Cuda Hardware Acceleration, the Reusult is much stuttering.

But only Playback with VLC and MPC HC Video Player, that supports DXVA.

With other Players that uses GPU HW Decoding like PowerDVD there is no stuttering during Playback.

Then i changed to my internal Intel Graphics Adapter HD4600 to compare it. I enable Intel Quick Sync in DVDFab 9.2.1.0.

The Result plays very well without stuttering with all video players.

Then i tested all the geforce drivers since release Windows 10. Same result, extremly stuttering.

Could anyone reproduce this issue ?

Yes it is reproducible. Been there and done that with my GTX980.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you for confirm this Issue. I think its an Only DVDFab Bug. I have tested ripping Bluray Disc with other software that support nvenc transcoding like xmedia Recode and TMPG Enc Mastering Works 6. There is no issue like this with this extremly stuttering. Could anyone of the Support Theme Share this Issue to Development? Thank you very much.

Comment

Sorry for the problem, the office is closed for a national holiday in China, the developers will return on 6 September Beijing time. Please provide additional details of your Source content and encoding settings (profile, bitrate, video and audio settings) and/or a DVDFab internal log session from one of the conversions.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Okay, i sent an email to support. Hope they solved it.

Comment

We hashed this out in another thread. the issue for me and the others was CUDA+mkv+DVDFab media player. I just did a BR with fab and it judders in fab media player but smooth as silk in all my other players.

LINK to the other thread.
            Last edited by 90312; 09-05-2015, 12:54 AM. Reason: Added link.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay. Have now tested DVD Rips, and it's the same result.

All the Ripped Clips in H.264 are stuttering during playback. With FabPlayer, MPC HC and VLC Player.

Players with GPU Decoding all runs smooth (like PowerDVD).

Comment

Hi,

The stutter issue is reproduced here when converting Blu-ray/DVD to MKV with Nvidia driver version 5582.

The video is playback fine when converting with Nvidia driver version 5362.

Using VLC.

We will check it ASAP.

Thanks!

Wilson
                Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 09-06-2015, 06:33 AM.
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you.

You're right. I only tested all 355.xx Series Geforce Drivers, all with the same issue.

But it's not only with Windows 10, Windows 8.1 it's the same with Geforce Drivers since 355.xx.

The Drivers 353.xx are working correctly with DVDFab and Cuda.

Comment

Sorry, is there anytime an upgrade or a workaround for this Issue? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by blasiusx View Post
                      ....The Drivers 353.xx are working correctly with DVDFab and Cuda.
                      I think this may be the only workaround at present, short of setting DVDFab to a non-CUDA mode (i.e. Software or IQS).
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X