Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripping error Failed to create directory??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Ripping error Failed to create directory??

I keep getting an error message when I go to rip a dvd to AVI.

Once I get everything set up and go to start the rip I immediately get an error that says ( failed to create Directory) and then it aborts. I just upgraded to
    the latest version 9.215 and that didn't solve the issue any suggestion for a fix
    to this problem!!!

I have just notice this issue since upgrading to windows 10 is that the issue
    and if so do we have a fix yet.

If the problem is with Avengers....Ultron or some other disc that has illegal characters in the volume name, just rename the output file to something else. Provide a DVDFab internal log session next time so we don't have to guess. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by RRH_88 View Post
      I keep getting an error message when I go to rip a dvd to AVI.

Once I get everything set up and go to start the rip I immediately get an error that says ( failed to create Directory) and then it aborts. I just upgraded to
      the latest version 9.215 and that didn't solve the issue any suggestion for a fix
      to this problem!!!

I have just notice this issue since upgrading to windows 10 is that the issue
      and if so do we have a fix yet.

Definitely not a Windows 10 problem, it might be a permission problem on the directory. Try creating a new directory and sending the output there to see if that's the problem.

Comment

Please change the Temp folder in common settings if you are converting with 2 pass.

It's the permission problem but I could not reproduce this on some Win 10 PCs.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X