Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Ripper crashing

Hello,

I've been searching around for someone with similar errors to me, but haven't found one. If I missed it, a link would be appreciated. I'll add that I am not very experienced with DVDFab beyond basics and default settings. I don't really get into the weeds with it; I simply use it to copy movies and rip some for my tablet/phone.

It seems that since I upgraded to 9.2.1.5, DVDFab crashes with no luck in the Ripper. It appears this is an issue with several different titles, all at various ages.

DVD Ripper takes its time analyzing the disc. At first, it was taking so long that I assumed that it was failing and I canceled the action prematurely. After exhausting options, I finally just waited and it did, eventually, finish analyzing. After that, I select Start, and after a couple seconds Windows tells me there is a problem with DVDFab and simultaneously the error window within the program pops up requesting permission to send an error report. The output option is for an iPad 4, no changes to the defaults within that selection. Also, I tried an uninstall/reinstall with no effect.

ASUS X555L
    Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Intel i5-5200 @ 2.2 GHz
    8GB RAM
    ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CD ROM

First time I've come for help, so bear with me and I'll provide as much information as I can.
    Attached Files

Have you tried disabling the virtual drive to rule out any conflict there?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes. Still no effect.

Comment

HittMann

Your problem is unrelated, I am moving your post to a thread of its own in the Ripper forum.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Still no idea what to do. Does this have to do with CUDA? Seems like, based on the log, that this is one the last steps involved before crashing. I googled "disabling CUDA GPU DVDFab" and found this page. I haven't figured out how to reach it within DVDFab.

Attached the most recent attempt, with error.
          Attached Files

Comment

I may have come with a workaround. I went into my NVIDIA controller and turned off CUDA and DVDFab began to play nice. I believe this is the source of the problem, but how can I get DVDFab to work without having to disable independently? Surely there must be a setting in the program that will allow for this.

Comment

I would update the NVIDA drivers to 5850 first, it works fine on my rig. But if you want to use Fab without CUDA put a check in this box, attached:
              Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the input. Updating drivers did the trick. Also helped me understand CUDA a little bit more.

Mods, you can add [SOLVED] to the title of this thread if you like.

Comment

Glad that worked for you!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X