Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Problem using CUDA

Hi there.

I'm having a bit of problem with ripping Blu-Ray movies to MP4 with CUDA.

Everything was working fine until I updated to the newest Geforce driver (361.43) and to the newest DVDFab version (9.2.2.3), the process just hangs on 0% forever.
    I've tried to reinstall both DVDFab and Geforce drivers but it didn't help.

I've attached a screenshot and an internal log.
    Attached Files

Hi Focal, Please also attach the fabcheck log from v9.2.2.3.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here you have the fabcheck log from DVDFab. Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

I am having the same problem - I have had to turn off cuda to make DVD Fab work. I had a similar problem a year or so back and the next update seemed to solve the problem. Please let me know if this is resolved

Comment

What OS are you guys running? I'm running Windows 7 Pro with that driver and all is well, just finished a BR to MP4 to try to reproduce the issue and could not.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, I tried updating DVDFab 9.2.2.4 to 9.2.2.6 and it failed with Cuda. I've attach again the logs to the threat.

I installed previous Nvidia driver, version 359.06, again the other day and everything worked fined with that version.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
            Attached Files

Comment

I booted to Windows 10 Pro x64 updated fab and gave it a shot with 361.43 and it worked fine so...
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, then I don't know what is going on with my system, I reverted to the older driver from Nvidia and everything is working normal now. Will give it another go when Nvidia releases new drivers.

Right now I have only 3 problems.

My 1st problem is with Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi, when using CUDA it hangs on 40%, after the 2nd pass has started, until I cancel the process but when I change too software encoding in settings it finishes.

I attached the logs and maybe some of you could shed some light on why this happens so I won't have to start a new thread?

2nd is that CUDA is very slow in encoding, only around 8-10 fps, taking up to 12 hours for a movie to finish encoding.

3rd is that I can't seem to use Intel Quick Sync to encode, I can't even force DVDFab to open with Intel Graphics.

But I think the reason for both 2nd & the 3rd problems are that I'm using a 5 year old laptop with GT540m discrete graphics and Intel HD 3000 internal graphics, which Intel does not provide Windows 10 drivers for and has Microsoft handle the drivers for the HD 3000.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Focal; 01-17-2016, 12:32 PM. Reason: Wrong movie name

Comment

I recently had a similar problem except it would start up ok with reasonable fps, but then would drop to 0% shortly after. After reading another users similar issues I discovered it was because some other programs running in the background were interfering (Win7 64bit). I had to uninstall them to get dvdfab running again!

Comment

Originally posted by ymo1965 View Post
                    I recently had a similar problem except it would start up ok with reasonable fps, but then would drop to 0% shortly after. After reading another users similar issues I discovered it was because some other programs running in the background were interfering (Win7 64bit). I had to uninstall them to get dvdfab running again!
                    Hi there. Do you remember what programs that were running and slowing DVDFab down or a link of a thread?

Comment

Only one I remember was Virtual Clone Drive. Can't really remember the others. I just shut down/got rid of programs that werent essential. Kept everything to a minimum y'know. Certainly helped for me but you are bound to have lots of other programs. Just use your best judgement and try it. You have nothing to lose and it worked for me (although ripping 3D titles isnt the fastest fps)

Comment

Working...
                      X