Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Channel matching

Hi

With the Version 9.2.2.4 I recognized that an audio issues is back again.
    I ripped a BD movie to mp4 (avc/aac) and all audio channels are mapped to the right side. The source audio is DTS-HD/7.1.
    I can not tell you with which version it started, I had to go back to V9.2.1.0 to get it working.

Greetings
    Attached Files

make sure that you only have dvdfab running. you have AnyDVD running also
    from your internal log - 0m 04.92s: Detect the AnyDVD is running.

Comment

Hi

Jep, I've already startet to check some other workflows 'cause this try was from an ISO. But AnyDVD doesn't affect the problem. I've testet 2 other movies with 7.1 HD Audio to 5.1 AAC with the same problem. So I completly removed DVDFab and reinstalled the V9.2.1.0. With this version the channel mapping is fine.

Greatings

Comment

Channel Matching

This problem started in 9.2.2.2 and is also present in 9.2.2.4. When a disc is ripped with audio set to 5.1 the channels are mapped one step to the right, the Centre (voice) channel is heard from the right front speaker. I reinstalled 9.2.1.9 and it works OK.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. The office reopens on 4 January, I have left them as message about this.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've noticed the same issue. Version 9.2.1.9 & earlier work fine, but 9.2.2.3 & 9.2.2.4 both have the same issue.

Comment

Hi,

We will check this ASAP.

Thanks!

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

All,
                I think the new Beta (v9.2.2.5) corrects this, please try it and report your results here.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi

Confirmed. I've converted 3 movies without this problem anymore.

Thanks

Comment

It appears there is still an issue with the audio channel mapping. Whilst the voice is now (9.2.2.5beta) output through the Centre channel it appears that 'part' of the audio from the Front Left and Front Right channels also comes through the Centre channel. Basically, it appears that most of the audio appears to be concentrated on the Centre channel.

I have ripped a couple of BDs with 9.2.1.9 and 9.2.2.5 using the same settings. When listening to the MP4 files in 5.1 the files created using 9.2.2.5 output audio through the Centre channel that is output through the FL & FR channels when playing the files created with 9.2.1.9.

Apart from listening to the output I'm not aware of any way to determine where the audio should be channelled.

I'll run a few more tests and provide an update.

The tests mentioned above were carried out using the 3D MP4 profile.
                    Last edited by Traveller; 01-13-2016, 12:51 AM.

Comment

This is now working. Thank you

Comment

The Audio Channel Mapping problem appears to continue to Fab2.2.2.6

Before contributing to this Forum I had reported the issue to DVDFab Technical Support and have now responded to their reply as follows:

Whilst the voice is now heard through the Centre channel other audio (sounds & background music) appears to be incorrectly mixed between the FL, Centre & FR channels. A BD rip using Fab2.2.1.9 matches the Disc audio during playback. However, at least in some cases, the audio is very different when ripped with subsequent versions to and including Fab2.2.2.6 using the same settings in MP4 and 3D MP4 profiles.

Unfortunately I have to go away for a few weeks or possibly more and will not have access to the internet for further testing during the time I am travelling. I have asked Fab Support to investigate further and apply a fix as appropriate.

Comment

Anyone that can duplicate this problem, please post in this thread and provide details such as movie name, audio settings in Ripper, etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X