Repeat frames warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Repeat frames warnings

Recently, I'm seeing a good number of "warning: repeat frame remove pes pack (4352)(1048560)" warnings on BDs. I find these in the log file.

It's hard to put my finger on it, but I think this started occurring around 9.2.2.5 or so. I don't recall seeing these warnings before that.

I've found that if I use a competing tool to do the rip (instead of using BD Ripper) that the warning no longer occurs when I use BD Converter to transcode.

Do you know what's causing this?

I'd like to add that this warning seems to be occurring only during the second pass of the 2-pass encoding process.

Comment

Log attached
      Attached Files
      Last edited by eisenb11; 01-17-2016, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Still getting these with the current .8 version. It has something to do with the second pass.

Comment

I have never seen this in one of my logs but I seldom if ever use 2-pass any longer. The developers are on holiday until after the Chinese holiday, but I would suggest trying a different profile or a high bitrate h264 or h265 setting with one pass if you need a workaround.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            I have never seen this in one of my logs but I seldom if ever use 2-pass any longer. The developers are on holiday until after the Chinese holiday, but I would suggest trying a different profile or a high bitrate h264 or h265 setting with one pass if you need a workaround.
            It's really strange. It only happens on the second pass, but if I rip the disc using another product then do 2-pass it does the conversion without any warnings.

Out of curiosity, why are you no longer doing 2-pass? My impression was that 2-pass resulted in higher quality since the encoder knows better how to spend its bit allowance, so to speak.

I'm doing h264. Should probably switch to h265 at some point, but I'm not sure how well xbmc will handle it... should do a test sometime.

Comment

I used to do 2-pass but no longer. I did several comparative/non-scientific run throws on both BD/DVDs and couldn't see a difference. A big plus is that it takes half the time.

Comment

Working...
              X