Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BD Ripper stops on all movies

Hi,

Within the last two weeks Blu-Ray Ripper has stopped working. It reaches anywhere between 1%-55% and then times out (depends on the specific Blu-Ray disc). As a test, I've tried to rip and older Blu-Ray that I was able to rip in the past withoyt any problems, but that also doesn't work. I've attached the log file for that attempt.

My system
    -Win10 Pro, 64bit
    -Processor i7-4770S and 16GB RAM
    -NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, driver 361.43
    -DVDfab 9.2.2.6
    Attached Files

When did this start? Do you receive any error message or failure message popup from DVDFab? Does the program just vanish from your screen?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It started about two weeks ago. I do not receive any error messages or failure popup. And the screen does not disappear. The screen continues to show the progress bar of how much has been ripped. There are two timers at the bottom of the screen; the first for how much time has passed and a second for how much time is approximately left. The second timer goes to 0 without any progress in the progress bar. After that, things nothing really changes.

Comment

It may have been a Win10 update. Another user reports that running in Win7 compatibility mode cleared up Win10 problems for Fab, might give it a try. http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.ph...ewpost&t=28604
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks, I will try that on Friday when I am back from traveling and will report back if it helped.

Comment

I've tried running DVDfab in both Windows 7 mode and Windows 8 mode but it didn't change the behavior. I have attached the log file for both those runs.
            Attached Files

Comment

i would try doing a clean uninstall of dvdfab and run a good registry
              cleaner, restart computer and re install dvdfab with a fresh installer of the current version
              or try 9.2.2.7 beta
              Last edited by october262; 01-31-2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Since the last time I have uninstalled dvdfab and installed v9.2.2.8. There is no change in behavior, i.e., the ripping process still stops before completing.

I ran with 'Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding' checked on and off and have attached both log files. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as DVDfab essentially is not working for me at all anymore.
                Attached Files

Comment

check your cables on your computers dvd/bluray drive.
                  you may have a short in one of the cables or you drive is
                  about to go belly up.

Comment

Hi dwolfson
                    Have you tried ripping to a folder or ISO image file to your computer first then using that to do your conversion??? This may rule out or pinpoint if your drive is failing.
                    CBR929
                    Last edited by CBR929; 02-17-2016, 02:26 AM.
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I did a main movie copy of the Blu Ray to my local hard drive and then ripped the local copy. The ripping process stopped after reaching 27%. Log file attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I also experienced similar issue recently, although this didn't happen to all movies that I tested, about 1/4 of bluray titles I had this experience. So, I downgraded the dvdfab version one by one, until 9.2.1.9 on the same title with issue on later version, it ripped the movie fine. There must be certain change after 9.2.1.9 that broke the ripping process on some movies.

Comment

The program I use the most in DVDFAB is the Ripper, tell me what kind of computer do you have and what are the specs? Processor? RAM? etc. I have no issues at all, so we have to eliminate all possibilities first so we can concentrate on your issue.
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Your log is a mess, one of the developers will have to look at it. Looks like DVDFab is having trouble communicating with your drive. It shows multiple SCSI errors and other problems, which may or may not be related to this particular source content.
                            Originally posted by dwolfson View Post
                            I did a main movie copy of the Blu Ray to my local hard drive and then ripped the local copy. The ripping process stopped after reaching 27%. Log file attached.

Comment

Have you tried deleting the drive from Device Manager, reboot and let Windows discover and install it again? Sometimes will clear a driver SNAFU.
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X