No announcement yet.

Multiple Titles into one MKV file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Multiple Titles into one MKV file.

Hi,

I have home movies (made with Adobe Premiere Elements. Physically on the disk (DVD-R) it looks like 5 *.VOB files. I'm trying to use DVD Ripper to read this disk and create one *.MKV file. This will allow my Panasonic DVD player to connect to my PC and play our family movies. BUT...when I rip the DVD only the 1st title comes out. However, I noticed I can click the "+" sign to see additional titles on the DVD. When I check the box to rip all titles, I end up with 14 *.MKV files. What I'd like is one file. Any idea on how to do this? Can ripper copy all titles and create one *.MKV file? Or, do I need to some how rip all titles and then figure out a way to merge all 14 files into one?

Thanks for any advice you have.

Tom

Select all the titles you want, then click the Merge button in the upper left. This will open a preview box showing playable thumbnails of all the titles you selected and put them in one output file. You can change the playback order before ripping by dragging the thumbnails to the right or left in the preview box.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, thanks for the information. When I click the MERGE button, I get a message indicating MKV passthrough is not valid with MERGE. I changed that to MKV and the MERGE button works. I do see all the individual titles. I click OK and click START. The process just sits there. I see:

"processing."
      21:04:57
      Conversion: one pass
      21:04:57
      Intel CPU Accleration

Below, I see:

TOTAL: 1/4 Time Elapsed 00:00:00 Time Left 00:00:00.

I have tried selecting all titles, or selecting just 2 titles. It does nothing. After 3 hours of waiting, I finally canceled it. Below is what was in the log after I selected 13 titles and clicked START:

4m 06.57s: ------------------ convert work begin(1/13) ------------------
      4m 06.57s: info: create config(dvd2video)
      4m 06.57s: info: crop value after clone: left = 0 right= 0 top=0 bottom=0 enable=0 mode=0
      4m 06.57s: info: use profile(MKV)
      4m 14.44s: info: dvd playlist(2),angle(0),chapter(1->1)
      4m 14.44s: info: 3D working_mode(disable), 3D format(sbs_lef_right)
      4m 14.78s: info: stream input@ Video(480)[codec(mpeg2video) size(720*480) fps(30000/1001) interlace(1) duration(209)sec opcode(compress)]
      4m 14.79s: info: perset file config OK !
      4m 14.79s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
      4m 14.79s: info: vdecode hevc= 0, h264= 5, vc1= 0, mpeg2= 5, vencode h264= 8, hevc= 0
      4m 14.79s: info: stream output Video(480)[codec(h264) size(640*480) fps(30000/1001) interlace(1) bitrate(1978) duration(209)sec]
      4m 14.79s: info: stream input@ Audio(128)[codec(ac3) channels(2) sample(48000) bitrate(256000) bitdepth(16) opcode(compress)]
      4m 14.80s: info: stream output Audio(128)[codec(ac3) channels(2) sample(48000) bitrate(192000) bitdepth(16) opcode(compress)]
      4m 14.80s: info: stream input@ SubPicture(32)[codec(dvdsub) language(undefined) opcode(remux)]
      4m 14.80s: info: stream output SubPicture(32)[codec(dvdsub) language(undefined)]
      4m 14.80s: info: SubMode(Remux) -- Display Only forced Subtitle(false)
      4m 14.81s: UILog:MsgWork:WorkStatus_Start
      4m 14.94s: Intel GPU acceleration for video h264 encoding enabled
      4m 14.95s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(41) bitrate(1978) crf(-1) interlace(0)

Is this something I need to request help with from the software vendor?

Thanks again, Tom

Comment

This forum is owned by DVDFab and supported by staff and developers. Please attach the complete log session as linked in my sig, below. Could still be a setting somewhere.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Use the converter module for this task. Use the "+" to select the mkv files then select merge.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks everyone, problem solved. In working with Mona, here's what I did:

Please click the Menu button (the down triangle) on the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" box to convert again. This allowed me to create the files. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X