No announcement yet.

Reading a Blu-ray structure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Reading a Blu-ray structure...

Why is it that some Blu-ray structures take a long time to access? I'll place a Blu-ray in the drive and sometimes it takes upwards of 45 minutes for DVDFab Blu-ray ripper to read the structure of the disc before it releases it ready for ripping and some discs it takes mere seconds to read?

Like last night I put in Rise of the Planet of the Apes to rip and it took 45 minutes for it to read the Blu-ray structure and I never got over 60 Fps while ripping yet I have a GTX 960. The disc proceeding it took mere seconds to read the disc structure and it ripped the movie in less than 15 minutes.

I did notice that the new Beta version addresses this issue. Haven't installed it yet but when I get home I will.

I don't mean to give credit to AnyDVD HD but it can read and decrypt a Blu-ray extremely fast yet sometimes it takes DVDFab Ripper a very long time.

It is not a general issue, please attach the DVDFab internal log session from the Apes movie. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here's the log from that session. I just ripped Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and it did it just as expected, in about 16 minutes but yesterday when I ripped Rise of the Planet of the Apes it took a gawd awful time and it took a really long time to parse the disc source.
      Attached Files

Comment

I guess it's a moot point now, you guys seemed to have fixed the parsing time it takes to access a Blu-ray with your new Beta version. Now DVDFab Ripper was able to parse the same disc (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) in under 3 minutes.

I'm very impressed and happy with how well all you guys' updates are.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X