Chapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Chapters

I am ripping a DVD to VOB format, is there any way to keep the chapter info. If I play the original dvd I can skip the chapters but not with the ripped VOB

You can keep it using the MP4 profile and many others but not VOB Passthrough. In spite of the name, it is a deconstructive process that strips away the DVD-Video characteristics of the files and does not re-encode them.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks, the only problem is I seem to be loosing a lot of quality if I uses MP4, is there anywhere I can find info on keeping the DVD quality on an MP4?

Comment

You can use mp4 Passthrough, as the name implies it passes audio and video through to the container uncompressed and unchanged. Makes for a big file.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I dont have a mp4 Passthrough option

Comment

It's available in 9.3.0.1, haven't checked 9.3.0.2 yet?
            Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Never mind as soon as I select a source it changes to plain old MP4 so it don't work anyway. Will your device play an iso? Main Movie iso is another route.

Albert Einstein

Comment

MKV is an option

If your device can play mkv, then mkv passthrough is another option.

Comment

If the source is h264 it should still work. Apparently not for MPEG-2, it (MP4 Passthrough) disappears when an MPEG-2 source is loaded.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yep works with an H.264 BR disc. Oh well

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks guys, I have gone for mkv. My Samsung TV wont pick the chapters up but my NeoTV 550's will

Comment

Working...
                      X