Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Settings for Plex and Roku 2XS or FireTV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Best Settings for Plex and Roku 2XS or FireTV?

Before the remote quit working, I was using a Popcorn Hour media player that seemed to handle pretty much whatever I threw at it (hadn't gotten to H265). Since I can't use my PCH, I have been trying the Roku and am finding it won't convert my newly created H265 media. Also, the jukebox software I was using is no longer supported so I am considering Plex to run on my NAS.

I rarely deal with BluRay so I am primarily interested in converting DVD to a format suitable for Plex and Roku. Is there a suggested setting for that purpose, and if instead I chose to use the FireTV box, are there better or different settings for it?

I think MP4 generic will play well on any of those. Some may support MKV as well. In either case you may need to choose settings in DVDFab that match the abilities of the player in terms of video bitrate, audio format etc.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X