DVD Fab Crashes or Won't Rip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) DVD Fab Crashes or Won't Rip

BD ripper often crashes or becomes unresponsive for me. This most commonly happens when I am trying rip multiple disks on my Win10 machine with three BD drives. But the scenarios below also happen after ripping several disks over a period of time. The issue I encounter are:
    1) Crashes with a generic C++ error. Repro Steps:
    a) Load three disks one in each BD drive, change bit rate, volume=200%
    b) Click Start
    c) DVD Fab crashes with generic C++ error
    Note: Sometimes I can over come this issue by restarting my computer. But it eventually will happen again later when ripping other disks. Most of the time I can work around this by going back to ripping one disk at a time. Tedious but it works.
    2) Starts to rip but fails on each movie after just a few seconds Repro steps:
    a) Load three disks one in each BD drive, change bit rate, volume= 200%
    b) Click Start
    c) Ripping appears to begin but will fail after a few seconds on each successive disk
    Note1: Sometimes just starting again works other times I have to restart my computer.
    Note2: This also happens when a disk has multiple movies
    3) Application becomes unresponsive. Repro steps:
    a) Load three disks one in each BD drive, change bit rate, volume= 200%
    b) Click Start
    c) Application becomes unresponsive. Requires that I End Task in task manager.
    I am putting this report as a single post because all of the issues have a similar feel to them.

DVD Fab is a great product. However, these crashes are irritating. This feels a lot like a garbage collection issue but it is hard to tell.

Here some information about my rig:
    Memory: 32gig
    BD Drive 1: Pioneer
    BD Drive 2: LG
    BD Drive 3: LG

If there is other information I can provide please let me know.

You posted this in the wrong place, I am moving it to the Ripper forum. Find your thread there and attach the DVDFab internal log session that illustrates these differing problems. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below. Please also tell us specifically which version of Win10 you are using, it has been a moving target.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Update Scenario 1

Thanks for the response.

For scenario #1: Attached is an example of the C++ error. Happened again just now. This was the 4th consecutive BD I was trying to rip.

Running Win10 Pro - version: 10.0.10240 N/a Build 10240
      Attached Files

Comment

Crash Report Screen Capture

Attached is an error report from DVDFab.

After restart of DVDFab, I was able to rip one more disk. After the disk finished, I clicked Finish and the attached error report dialog appeared. I tried uploading the error report .zip file but I am not sure it completed.

Thank you for your attention on this. I know these types of issues can be difficult to diagnose.
        Attached Files

Comment

Please attach the DVDFab internal log sessions. Fab is known to work with Win10 14376 build, others can be hit or miss. There is no need to attach the zip file here if the report generator ran correctly.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Internal Log

Internal Log attached. Please let me know if this is not what you are looking for. The entire file over the upload limit so I deleted some of the older entries.

Let me know if you need more than this.
            Attached Files

Comment

Abridged logs are actually preferred, see the Tips link in my sig, below. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Update Scenario 2

Updating with some specifics for Scenario #2 that happened a few moments ago. Shows a message
                "Work 1 failed, Error = control graph control_filter_error error: filter name(filter_video_decode), type(2), id(1), get std_exception(bad allocation) "

Internal Log details attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

Please take the following steps:
                  1. Close DVDFab
                  2. Using Windows Explorer, open the DVDFab9 folder in (My)Documents and delete the folder named Log
                  3. Restart DVDFab and try Draft Day again
                  4. If it still crashes, attach the new log session following the tips linked in my sig below

The error information in contained in the log, no need for screen captures.

Comment

Update 20160706

Thanks for the reply. By the time I saw your latest post, I had already worked around the problem by simply restarting my computer. After restart, started ripping Draft Day and it completed successfully.

This is a process I have come to know well and it works every time.

The issue described in Scenario #2, will happen with almost any disk. It most commonly occurs after ripping the 4th or 5th disk. Or sometimes it occurs when ripping multiple episodes of a TV show on the same disk.

To work around the problem, sometimes I just restart DVDFab and all is good for a while. Other times I simply restart my computer. Restarting is the most common work around.

I will try deleting the Log folder and see if things stabilize.

Comment

Update 20160706a

I followed your instructions. The detail steps:
                      1) Restarted computer
                      2) Ripped successful 3 bluray disks using my three drives.
                      3) Closed DVD Fab
                      4) Deleted the log folder
                      5) Restarted DVD Fab
                      6) Loaded 3 more disks. volume = 200%; bitrate=12000
                      7) Clicked Start
                      8) Scenario #2 occurred.

Log file attached.

Note(You may find this interesting): After the steps above. I did the following using the same three bluray disks:
                      1) Closed DVD Fab
                      2) Deleted log folder
                      3) Restarted DVD Fab
                      4) Once the three disks loaded, I made no changes to title, bit rate, or volume; Clicked Start.
                      5) Ripping process started normally
                      6) Cancelled the rip
                      7) Closed DVDFab
                      8) Deleted log folder
                      9) Start DVD Fab
                      10) Three disks loaded, made title name change, Bit rate = 12000; volume 200%, click start.
                      11) Scenario #2 occurred
                      12) Closed DVD (third time)
                      13) Delete log folder
                      14) Start DVD Fab
                      15) Load three disks: made no changes to title, bit rate, or volume. click Start.
                      16) Rip process is running successfully.

I will update the post once the rip process finish success or fail.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Update 20160707

I have tried multiple test cases and I believe I have narrowed down the issue. The core issue seems to be related to changing the volume percentage from the Edit button.

In the summary test cases below, each time the following steps were performed:
                        1) Close DVDFab
                        2) Delete Log Folder
                        3) Open DVDFab
                        Note: the computer has not been rebooted.

The summary results are below:
                        1) Load three disks, make no changes to title, bit rate, volume: Success.
                        2) Load three disks, Change Title, no change to bit rate, volume: Success.
                        3) Load three disks, Change Title, Bit Rate, Volume: Fail
                        4) Load three disks, Change Title, Bit Rate, No change to Volume: Success
                        5) Load three disks, Change volume, no change to Bit Rate, Title: Fail

Comment

Working...
                        X