Issues with ripping TV DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Issues with ripping TV DVDs

I'm starting to copy my TV shows. Starting with Deep Space Nine and I'm seeing a lot of interlacing which I've never encountered with other DVDs. Want to check in and see if I can alter my settings before I continue.

Profile MP4
    Codec - H264
    Resolution - 640X480
    Encoding Method - Fast encoding (1-pass)
    Video Quality - High Quality
    Frame Rate - 29.97 (Same as Source)
    Split - No Split
    Checked Preserved Chapters

attached the export of Source info

let me know if you need any more info and thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Please also supply the DVDFab internal log session from this disc.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

attached
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, we have had a few other reports of this in DVD Ripper and will try to duplicate the problem so that it can be corrected.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

FWIW, DS9 is one of many older TV shows where de-interlacing errors are the norm. It has more to do with the sloppy encoding and authoring than anything else. Aliasing (jaggies) will be seen frequently, especially at scene changes (bad edits). You'll see the same issues if you watch it streaming from Amazon or the like. Only the very highest quality decoders can cope with it, and even then only to decrease it not eliminate. The older ABT decoders were best for this, found in DVD-O and Oppo products. Then of course you need to watch the actual DVD. Good luck with that project, but be prepared to accept de-interlacing issues.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Thanks for the feedback, we have had a few other reports of this in DVD Ripper and will try to duplicate the problem so that it can be corrected.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rdgrimes View Post
              FWIW, DS9 is one of many older TV shows where de-interlacing errors are the norm. It has more to do with the sloppy encoding and authoring than anything else. Aliasing (jaggies) will be seen frequently, especially at scene changes (bad edits). You'll see the same issues if you watch it streaming from Amazon or the like. Only the very highest quality decoders can cope with it, and even then only to decrease it not eliminate. The older ABT decoders were best for this, found in DVD-O and Oppo products. Then of course you need to watch the actual DVD. Good luck with that project, but be prepared to accept de-interlacing issues.
              I suspected this may be the result to my inquiry, but thats why I came here to ask. When I win the lottery, I will donate the money needed to Paramount and CBS to upgrade the series to Blu Ray, I promise. Not Voyager though. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by nouvelle_vague View Post
                I suspected this may be the result to my inquiry, but thats why I came here to ask. When I win the lottery, I will donate the money needed to Paramount and CBS to upgrade the series to Blu Ray, I promise. Not Voyager though. Sorry
                They actually make a pretty fair torture test for de-interlacing engines. The original NYPD-Blue DVDs are another excellent example of DVD-Video gone wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X