No announcement yet.

some titles ending early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) some titles ending early?

On some titles (Skyfall, Jet Li's Fearless, The Details), BD Ripper is thinking it's done (pop dialog says done and disk is ejected), while there are a few minutes left in the movie. In fact, Time Left displayed on DVDFab BD Ripper is still showing correctly several minutes to go, but the program still thought it was done. These titles had worked fine before (I have earlier rips from a year or 2 ago), but with 9.3.1.0 it's failing like that. Other titles (e.g. The Call, Zootopia) are working fine. I'm running Windows 10. Any ideas what's the problem or how to fix it? I'm outputing to mkv, CRF22. Thanks.
    Last edited by philip.j.fry; 08-06-2016, 05:23 PM.

Post your dvdfab internal log file for one of these disks.

Comment

try clicking common settings - drives - read - click do not eject source disc
      when task is finished
      Last edited by october262; 08-06-2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Another idea till staff can look at your logs put the disk on the hard drive first then convert to mkv it will convert much faster from hard drive then from disk also.

Comment

I appreciate the suggestions, guys, thanks! I have attached the dvdfab_internal.log (compressed).

Unfortunately the discs which had issues were borrowed and I no longer have them. I will try to find another example of the issue and try what you guys suggested.

3dman7, to copy the disc to the hard drive, I guess I use the BD Copy? I don't have that, I only have BD Ripper.
          Attached Files

Comment

There's a free 30 day trial to bd copy and or dvd fabs passkey for blu rays so if you didn't use them yet get one or the other or you can try this:

Use img burn a free burner program to copy disk to hard drive as a iso imgburn will complain with a on screen message that the disk has copy protection and ask if you want to copy it anyway with copy protection click yes now copy the disk to hard drive then use fabs ripper to take out the copy protection and make your mkv.

Maybe Fabs staff will have one of the disks you named so they can try it and save you the trouble.Borrowed disks is not something we copy stick with disks you own.

Comment

Please use the instructions linked in my sig for attaching logs, we don't want the whole folder, just the log session for the disc(s) in question. Like the others, I had no problem making MP4s of these titles earlier.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, although my previous attachment wasn't actually a directory, I just zipped a single file. However, I have now taken the time to remove most of the other data in the log file to give you data mainly from Skyfall. Actually, looking at the logs, I do see it mentions "read data sync error", so maybe it was just having trouble reading the disc. Could be that I just didn't do a good enough job of cleaning the disc.

But in the meantime, I do have some more things to try myself, thanks to the responses above, so no worries. Thanks for everyone's help!
                Attached Files

Comment

Turn your cuda and lightning shrink off use all software and see if this makes a difference.

Comment

I had this problem and turning Pathplayer off for this one job resolved it for me.

Comment

Note: this thread is about the Blu-ray version, not the DVD. PathPlayer has no effect on Blu-rays.
                      Originally posted by paulandkate View Post
                      I had this problem and turning Pathplayer off for this one job resolved it for me.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

7m 23.13s: error: read data sync error
                        7m 45.63s: error: read data sync error
                        7m 46.86s: error: read data sync error
                        Hi,

DVDFab read the Blu-ray data error, but not sure that it's caused by the Blu-ray drive, disc or DVDFab.

We need some files from you to check the problem. Please check your forum message, thanks!

Wilson
                        Please post your logs the default location is:
                        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X