This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to Mobile Issues - EVERY FORMAT

I get A/V Sync issues ripping to any format except VOB Passthrough however when I rip to VOB Passthrough I get play back time issues. IE; DVD is 1hr28min, after rip it only shows 49min long. It rips the whole movie but only shows 49min file, once it hits 49min while playing, it goes to into the negitive min (-1min:23sec, and etc and counts) until the movie is over. Because so my WDTV freaks out and starts the movie over.

If I play it on my PC its fine, it plays through regardless.

Ive tried ripping to every format possilbe with the program, even to HDD first then to mobile. Makes 0 difference

This program sucks ass, what a waste of money. Looks like im a try to get my $ back and try another program
    Last edited by AGJ; 02-01-2010, 01:56 AM. Reason: removed competitor name
    PC:
    eVGA 750i FTW SLI Mobo
    eVGA 9800GTX+
    Intel Q9550 @ 3.3ghz
    Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer
    OCZ Gold 8GB DDR2-800
    OCZ 2 x Vertex 60GB SSD (RAID0) - OS
    WD 2 x 500GB HDDs - Storage
    WD 640GB External HDD - Movies
    Dell U2410 24" IPS-Panel Monitor
    Logitech Z5300 THX Speakers
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

TVs:
    WD HDTV w/ Samsung LN46A750 HDTV
    PS3 w/ Samsung LN37B530 HDTV w/ VIZIO HD SoundBar

Good luck getting your money back as they have a 30 day free trial and NO REFUNDS. Also it not DVDFab problem as the files play fine on computer it the WDTV that is the problem so I suggest going to their forum to complain instead of this forum. Another thing make sure you have the latest firmware installed on the WDTV as well

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      Good luck getting your money back as they have a 30 day free trial and NO REFUNDS. Also it not DVDFab problem as the files play fine on computer it the WDTV that is the problem so I suggest going to their forum to complain instead of this forum. Another thing make sure you have the latest firmware installed on the WDTV as well
      They play fine on a PC but they are still errors with the timing regardless. Nota PC or WDTV issue, but a shitty software issue.

WDTV firmware is the latest, thanks.
      PC:
      eVGA 750i FTW SLI Mobo
      eVGA 9800GTX+
      Intel Q9550 @ 3.3ghz
      OCZ Gold 8GB DDR2-800
      Windows 7 Ultimate x64

TVs:

Comment

Sorry, there are no refunds. But there is no end of help in the forum or from the company to try to get it to work for you as it does for so many others.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Sorry, there are no refunds. But there is no end of help in the forum or from the company to try to get it to work for you as it does for so many others.
          the software is awesome for DVD to DVD but useless otherwise.
          PC:
          eVGA 750i FTW SLI Mobo
          eVGA 9800GTX+
          Intel Q9550 @ 3.3ghz
          OCZ Gold 8GB DDR2-800
          Windows 7 Ultimate x64

TVs:

Comment

It is not a shiity software issue but is a shitty authoring issue how they put together the DVD's.

My knowledgable colleague, Complication, has posted many in-depth posts on this forum about this issue and how to fix it.

How about spending some time some time researching the issue instead of getting shitty ????
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

And you are talking a lot of B/S here. Either ask for help, because you will not get any the way you are carryin on or go elsewhere.

Your statements are totally incorrect as other WDTV users on this forum will testify.

So perhaps you had better look at what and how you are trying to achieve it and maybe seek some assistance instead of behaving and posting like an infant.

Otherwise you will be taking a holiday !!!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                It is not a shiity software issue but is a shitty authoring issue how they put together the DVD's.

My knowledgable colleague, Complication, has posted many in-depth posts on this forum about this issue and how to fix it.

How about spending some time some time researching the issue instead of getting shitty ????
                I searched for over 45min before giving up. Everything Ive read so far is useless. SO why dont u be ever so kind and link me to this "so called" post on fixing the issue? Because this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=543 yielded useless with my issues.
                PC:
                eVGA 750i FTW SLI Mobo
                eVGA 9800GTX+
                Intel Q9550 @ 3.3ghz
                OCZ Gold 8GB DDR2-800
                Windows 7 Ultimate x64

TVs:

Comment

The root cause of the timing issue is due to multiple video segments being added to the video stream without redoing the overall timing. Fixing the timing issue requires you to either re-encode the video or demux the VOB, run the video file through some other software, and remux the VOB. However, the demux option often causes frame judder (objects stall then jump when camera is panning from side to side) due to irregular pulldown in many DVDs. Neither of these options is available in DVDFab (yet?). Do keep in mind that the passthrough option is simply dumping the existing A/V stream to one large file without modification and the DVD authors that create the problems are focused on DVD players rather than ripping.

The timing display issue also affects the PS3 and there will occasionally be a video splice that the PS3 chokes on. My solution is to FF past that spot and then the file will usually play normally. By the way, this happens for me with MPEG2 content recorded OTA, not just from a DVD. I usually just live with the limitations at the moment as the other options are just too much of a pain. I suggest you make sure you have the most current firmware on the WDTV as I have not heard of it resetting to the beginning before (not that I hear that much WDTV stuff). Maybe the FF trick would work for you too.

At some point the DVDFab audio sync issues for the other formats will be fixed. We generally see them creep back in when DVDFab upgrades the mobile encoding engine and it takes a release or 2 to beat them back again.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                    The root cause of the timing issue is due to multiple video segments being added to the video stream without redoing the overall timing. Fixing the timing issue requires you to either re-encode the video or demux the VOB, run the video file through some other software, and remux the VOB. However, the demux option often causes frame judder (objects stall then jump when camera is panning from side to side) due to irregular pulldown in many DVDs. Neither of these options is available in DVDFab (yet?). Do keep in mind that the passthrough option is simply dumping the existing A/V stream to one large file without modification and the DVD authors that create the problems are focused on DVD players rather than ripping.

The timing display issue also affects the PS3 and there will occasionally be a video splice that the PS3 chokes on. My solution is to FF past that spot and then the file will usually play normally. By the way, this happens for me with MPEG2 content recorded OTA, not just from a DVD. I usually just live with the limitations at the moment as the other options are just too much of a pain. I suggest you make sure you have the most current firmware on the WDTV as I have not heard of it resetting to the beginning before (not that I hear that much WDTV stuff). Maybe the FF trick would work for you too.

At some point the DVDFab audio sync issues for the other formats will be fixed. We generally see them creep back in when DVDFab upgrades the mobile encoding engine and it takes a release or 2 to beat them back again.

thank you, this has been very helpful. Now for the more igornat ? of mine... what would u recommend to demux the vobs? Any practices, software, etc you could refer me to? Its much appreciated, thanks.
                    PC:
                    eVGA 750i FTW SLI Mobo
                    eVGA 9800GTX+
                    Intel Q9550 @ 3.3ghz
                    OCZ Gold 8GB DDR2-800
                    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

TVs:

Comment

Here is part of a forum post I wrote some time ago:

The good news is that yes I believe you can update the timecodes which will partially fix the problem. The bad news is that it takes a few steps and it is difficult to keep the audio in sync. The basic idea is to rip the video and audio streams you want, redo the timecodes on the video to be continuous, and then mux the streams back into a single VOB file.

I said partially fix because this will not change the amount of key frames in the original video stream. These are the stop points for FF and RW. From my experience, if there are very few of these in the stream then FF will kind of stall and jump.

If you want to try, here some suggested tools to use (all available at videohelp.com):

* DGIndex using the ripped DVD folder as the source (selecting the main movie VOB files) or using the single vob created by DVDFab.
                      ** Select the correct audio
                      ** Use Save Project and Demux Video
                      ** You can ignore the d2v file created
                      * GUI_pulldown or DGPulldown to correct the timecodes on the elementary video stream.
                      * ImagoMPEG-Muxer to mux the correct stream plus audio into a new VOB file.
                      This was from the previous DVDFab forums and it is inappropriate for me to link to it here. A little googling for key words in the post will bring it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X