X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtittle / subpicture Problem

Hi Fellows....

I have a problem, when I convert mkv files with external subtittles (SRT), to a wmv file (using the xbox360.wmv.wma10 profile, with 5.1 audio channel).

The wmv file plays very well on my Xbox360, the picture and sound quality are excellent, But the subtittle are really really small, its imposible to read it. I can't find the way to change the size, font or color in any setting of the dvdfab 6...

can anyone helpme?? any ideas?

Thanks in advance, DVDfab is the best software I ever bought.

Check out this thread:

Towards the bottom, there is some information that would be useful to help troubleshoot the problem... Specifically the MediaInfo output of the source MKV (and maybe even the destination WMV)...

Also, maybe some before and after screenshots may help...

Comment

I have created WMV files from DVDs using direct render to video and it works. Font size is right.

Comment

Originally posted by billbell52 View Post
        I have created WMV files from DVDs using direct render to video and it works. Font size is right.
        I have done the same without problems... But archivos888 is attempting to convert an MKV file to WMV (file to mobile as opposed to DVD to mobile)...

I don't have any good files to test with, so I can't say the same about file to mobile...

Comment

Hi guys....

Well, IĀ“m adding caps to show the "issue":

1) Lets begin, first when I choose the MKV file, the subtitle file is automatic detected. (excellent feature).

2) They are a Setting button, but its only to choose the file location

3)In the Profile the subpicture is directly render in the video.. that is what I need in order to play it in my Xbox360

Agian, I canĀ“t change any setting at all. (BTW I choose 2-pass encoding)

4) The Result:

ok...
          Now the SAME file, play it with "Windows Media Player"... the difference are remarkable.

PLEASE PLEASE... someone help me......

Comment

It appears to me that you might have tried converting the video more than once? At some point you converted it with sub titles as files. Then you converted again same location and rendered to screen. Now in windows media player you probably have show sub titles if available. So you are seeing the movie with rendered sub titles and the windows media player is also showing the sub titles that exist in the directory with your movie.

delete the sub title files and you should only see rendered sub titles..

That is I hope that is the problem?

Comment

HI Karloff

I believe you missunderstud my problem.... ( In the LAST CAP I've tried to show the difference in SIZES of the same subtitle).

My problem with DvdFab Conversion is the output file have very small subtitles.

In Windows Media player the same File shows bigger subtittles.

PD: The English its not my native lenguage, I try my best to be as clear I can.
              PD2: I will try to put a PIC of the file playing in my LCD tv.

Comment

archivos888

The settings in your screen capture indicate you are using DVDFab to perform extreme upscaling (1280x720) which I am pretty sure is why the subtitles appear too small. They appear normal at 704X??? (or smaller)sizes. I suggest you try this and let some other component (TV etc.) perform the upscaling. This will have the additional benefit of smaller files and faster conversions. Please let us know the results of this test.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

HI SIGNALS

I think, IĀ“m not performing any kind of UPSCALING since the file already has that resolution.

MEDIAINFO REPORT: (INPUT)

General
                  Complete name : C:\TEST.mkv
                  Format : Matroska
                  File size : 2.19 GiB
                  Duration : 1h 25mn
                  Overall bit rate : 3 658 Kbps
                  Encoded date : UTC 2009-09-22 03:10:41
                  Writing application : mkvmerge v2.4.0 ('Fumbling Towards Ecstasy') built on Nov 7 2008 17:24:23
                  Writing library : libebml v0.7.8 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video
                  ID : 1
                  Format : AVC
                  Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
                  Format profile : High@L4.1
                  Format settings, CABAC : Yes
                  Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
                  Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@4.1
                  Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
                  Bit rate : 3 201 Kbps
                  Nominal bit rate : 3 271 Kbps
                  Width : 1 280 pixels
                  Height : 720 pixels
                  Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                  Frame rate : 23.976 fps
                  Resolution : 8 bits
                  Colorimetry : 4:2:0
                  Scan type : Progressive
                  Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.145
                  Stream size : 1.91 GiB (87%)
                  Writing library : x264 core 75 r1259 dd026f2
                  Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=6 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=3271 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
                  Language : English

Audio
                  ID : 2
                  Format : AC-3
                  Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
                  Codec ID : A_AC3
                  Bit rate mode : Constant
                  Bit rate : 384 Kbps
                  Channel(s) : 2 channels
                  Channel positions : L R
                  Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
                  Stream size : 235 MiB (10%)

MEDIAINFO REPORT : OUTPUT

General
                  Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\E5200\Mis documentos\DVDFab\xbox360\TEST.wmv
                  Format : Windows Media
                  File size : 2.71 GiB
                  Overall bit rate mode : Constant
                  Overall bit rate : 4 537 Kbps
                  Maximum Overall bit rate : 4 584 Kbps
                  Encoded date : UTC 2010-02-03 15:51:34.218

Video
                  ID : 1
                  Format : VC-1
                  Format profile : MP@HL
                  Codec ID : WMV3
                  Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 9
                  Codec ID/Hint : WMV3
                  Description of the codec : Windows Media Video 9 - Professional
                  Bit rate : 4 419 Kbps
                  Width : 1 280 pixels
                  Height : 720 pixels
                  Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                  Frame rate : 23.976 fps
                  Resolution : 8 bits
                  Scan type : Progressive
                  Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.200
                  Stream size : 2.64 GiB (97%)
                  Language : Spanish (SV)

Audio
                  ID : 2
                  Format : WMA
                  Format profile : Pro
                  Codec ID : 162
                  Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio
                  Description of the codec : Windows Media Audio 10 Professional - 128 kbps, 48 kHz, 2 channel 16 bit (A/V) 1-pass CBR
                  Bit rate : 128 Kbps
                  Channel(s) : 2 channels
                  Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
                  Resolution : 16 bits
                  Stream size : 78.4 MiB (3%)
                  Language : Spanish (SV)

Comment

Try it at a smaller output size (width: 7xx pixels) to see the result.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Signals...

I will try lower resolutions.... but the idea is keep the best quality as possible. Since the Xbox have the "Power" to do it....

As soon I try agian I will let you know.

Regards

PD: There is any way to modify the SRT file(change the font size)??????

Comment

Hi signals....

OK, that works... if I do lower reslutions the Subtitles gets "bigger"... I've tried the same file in 768 x 320 and the result has good.

There's any way to keep the high quality and add "big" subs???

I believe if DVDfab support SSA files for the subtitles, the problem would be resolved.

Any other Ideas??????????

THANKS in advance!!.

Comment

If you are going from DVD to Mobile, you are actually upscaling the video which is not a good thing to do.

You should try and retain the original resolution then no interpolation/upscaling takes place in the software encode and original video quality is maintained.

You should try to use around 720 x XXX for PAL or 704 x XXX for NTSC. The XXX depends on the aspect ratio.

A larger resolution is not always better, it depends on your source !!!!

If you wish to extract the subs from the SUB/IDX file which are held as bitmap graphics (hence the fact that they keep their size but seem smaller when viewed at higher resolutions) there are quite a few programs on the Internet that will do the job.

I generally use Subtitle Editor or DVDSubEdit.
                          Last edited by GregiBoy; 02-13-2010, 02:07 AM.
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi archivos888
                            There is really not much more to add here. If you do the upscaling with the player or display you are using, the subs will be upscaled along with the video and so will appear normal size. If you want other features or format support, put a post in the Feature Request forum. Good luck with your projects.

Comment

Hi Signals and Greiboy

I donĀ“t perform any Upscaling at all, please check mi post where I put the MEDIAINFO report. [edit] Source files are already at HD resolution [/edit]

I will put the request you tell me.

IF you can help me would be great....

Regards
                              Last edited by Complication; 02-15-2010, 03:00 PM. Reason: Removed forum rule violation.

Comment

Working...
                              X