Cannot properly rip The Tunnel: Sabotage, Season 2, disk 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Cannot properly rip The Tunnel: Sabotage, Season 2, disk 2

I have a DVD set that will not rip properly.
    The Tunnel: Sabotage, season 2, DVD, NTSC, Region 1 (U.S. and Canada).
    UPC 841887032056

Another member posted similar issue re the Blu-ray set, in
    https://www.amazon.com/Tunnel-Sabotage-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B01NB224MJ It looks to be similar to Poldark - Season 2 (that I reported earlier and has been fixed

I can add more detail to what he found. Disk 2 is the biggest problem, as it cannot be ripped properly by DVD Ripper and cannot be copied properly by Copy | Full Disc.

Disk 1, DVD
    There are two entries that run episode 1, though only one is complete:

THE_TUNNEL_S2D1.Title31 46:55
    THE_TUNNEL_S2D1.Title30 49:08

Title31 is missing about 2 minutes of the start of episode 1.
    Title30, the longer entry, plays the complete episode 1 including the 2 minutes at the start.
    DVDFab Preview of the first shows the shorter version missing the start, while Preview of the second does show the two minutes at the start.

So, if you rip Title30, DVDFab will correctly rip the entire, complete epsiode 1. If you rip Title31, you will get the same episode 1, but missing about 2 minutes at the start.

Disk 2, DVD
    This disk is worse, as episode 4 (the first episode on disk 2) cannot be ripped correctly.

There are two entries that run episode 4 (the first episode on disk 2), and neither can be ripped to produce a complete episode:

THE_TUNNEL_S2D2.Title27 43:30
    THE_TUNNEL_S2D2.Title26 45:53

DVDFab Preview of each is the shorter 43:30 missing 2 minutes at the start, and ripping both results in same length, with the first two minutes of the episode missing.
    Even though DVDFab detects that Title26 is longer, 45:53, when ripped that entry still results in the shorter 43:30 so about 2 minutes are missing from the beginning.

If, instead of ripping, I simply play the disk in Windows Media Player, that episode plays correctly with the first two minutes correctly playing. When I rip to individual episodes, in the ripped file, the first two minutes of that episode (Episode 4) are missing.

I also tried DVDFab Copy | Full Disc. Again, DVDFab was not able to rip the entire episode 4. When that episode is selected from the menu in the disc copy, it plays without the first 2 minutes which are missing.

Disk 3, DVD
    Disk 3 is similar to disk 1. There are two entries that both play episode 7 (the first episode on disk 3), but one is missing the first 2 minutes. If you rip the longer entry, it creates the complete episode 7 including the 2 minutes at the start.

So, disk 2 is the biggest problem, as DVDFab is unable to preview or rip the complete episode 4 (the first episode on disk 2), and is unable to Copy Full Disc with the complete episode.

Please attach the DVDFab internal log session for each disc that does not copy correctly. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks. I have a attached the log for Copy of disc 2, which is the most troublesome disc..

Attached Files

Comment

@ Sandstone Please download the latest fab 10054, try again. V9305 is an older version.
        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
        X