Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab.exe - No Disk (There is no disk in the drive in drive unrelated to rip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVDFab.exe - No Disk (There is no disk in the drive in drive unrelated to rip)

Another issue I've come across - Not sure why this didn't crop up before, but for some reason, starting yesterday, I'm getting disk not inserted errors now on occasion when attempting to rip a different disk from the command line.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	mstsc_2017-09-01_21-29-52.png Views:	1 Size:	65.2 KB ID:	341125

In this screenshot you can see that my drive monitor queued the rip of drive G, but DVDFab throws an error for there being no disk in drive E (the drive that just finished and ejected prior to this run of DVDFab)

This is the specific command line that was called to initiate DVDFab:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\DVDFab 10\DVDFab.exe" /MODE "DVDMP4" /PROFILE "mkv.h265.10bit.Sub" /SRC "G:" /DEST "C:\users\Johnathon\Desktop\Ripped\In Progress\The Princess Diaries.mkv" /CLOSE
    As previously stated, I do have disk checking disabled for all drives, but I do know that DVDFab checks all drives on startup anyway. Is there a way to stop it from checking drives on startup, or at the very least to suppress this error message for a drive not related to what is being ripped?

I've also attached the log file for this run. I was away and came back to the error ~84 minutes after it first popped up which is why the log jumps from 0m 00.98s to 84m 41.86s because the entire process halts until continue is pressed. (Note that this disk failed to rip because it is damaged, but that is not relevant to the issue at hand)

I am not sure why it thinks it needs to have a disc in that drive, but you can prevent it from ejecting the Source disc when it finishes a task in Common Settings->Drives->Read (bottom checkbox). That should prevent the empty drive issue.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Unfortunately, because the /DEST switch isn't allowing for the naming of the MKV file like the documentation says, I have to use the ejecting of the disk as the indication that the rip is complete for my program to do the renaming and moving of the completed file, so I need that for my normal movie rips.

I just got the error when trying to launch DVDFab from the GUI like normal (My disk drive was open at launch) so it's not something specific to the command line call.

Comment

Okay, so I think the issue occurs if DVDFab is launching right as the disc is ejected, so it gets some info from the disc during launch, but can't get the rest because it's no longer there. I tried adding a 5 second delay on the launch of the next rip after each disc is completed to see if that will fix the issue.

Edit: Tried 5, it still did it. Upped it to 10, still does it.. Not sure there's anything I can do to stop it from doing this.
        Last edited by Johnathon; 09-02-2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I figured out some specifics on this issue.
          1. It ONLY applies to drive E:
          2. It applies ONLY to the starting of DVDFab directly after the one that caused the E drive to eject. (It also happens on the next run if you manually eject the E drive during another run of the application regardless of whether the E drive is involved in that run at all)
          3. It occurs no matter what if the E drive is empty (Ejected or just no disc) on the run after it was ripped.
          4. It does NOT matter how long you wait after the E drive rip finishes to launch DVDFab again, it will occur regardless.
          I assume because of rule 1, that this has to have been some form of debugging that may have inadvertently been left in, otherwise it would likely apply to all drives and not just the E drive.. It happens on both systems I rip on (One with 7 drives D-J and the other with 2 drives D and E) On both all the above rules apply.

I'll do some more testing to see what other constraints I can put on the cause of this issue and update the post with that info. In the meantime, I assume a valid workaround is to reassign the drive letters and not use an E drive at all to avoid the alert. Still, likely something that a developer will need to take a look at to correct.
          Last edited by Johnathon; 09-02-2017, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X