X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single VOB to ISO ??

Hello All;

I had previously used DVDFAB's (paid version) VOB Passthrough feature to rip my entire library of DVD's to single VOB's. That worked great. Now I'm wanting to convert those VOB files to ISO files but am having a heck of a time doing so. I've used several other programs (IMGBurn, Nero 7, etc) to convert them BUT, teh conversion seems to go fine but after I burn them, they won't play in a standalone player.

I took one of my DVD's and ripped it as an ISO using DVDFAB and, when I burned that ISO, it played fine in a standalone player. Therefore, I feel that DVDFAB is creating a "good" format of the ISO file.

Was wondering if there was a way to read those previously created SINGLE VOB files BACK into DVDFAB so I can use DVDFAB to create the ISO's since I know those will work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Don't think so. Some player software will play them but probably not many (or any) standalone players. An image made from these would not have any DVD-Video structure. ConvertXtoDVD might add back the DVD-Video elements that are now missing, but it is not free. Might be easier, cheaper and faster just to re-rip them. Depends on what your time is worth I guess.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, that was what I was thinking as well signals. Re-ripping the DVD's which, in actuality, isn't all that bad since DVDFAB can generally rip them in 10 minutes or less.

My use for the ISO files is for a Popcorn Hour A-200 that I recently got (awesome NMT). Although it WILL read VOB files perfectly well, the ease of re-burning ISO files (for a bedroom standalone DVD player) is nice and it (the A-200) reads ISO files just as well as VOB files. Am thinking about getting a second A-200 for the bedroom too.

Many thanks for the reply.

Comment

Re-ripping to ISO will also give you chapter, subtitle, and (better) FF/RW support. If you want the full experience then re-ripping full disc as an ISO would then get the menu too which PH handles wonderfully.

I have the older A-100 with no hard drive for the bedroom (dead silent) and am waiting for the new Pop Box for my next media player purchase.

Comment

Working...
        X