Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MKV.H265 1 Pass and CRF Color Range Bug in all recent 32 and 64bit versions of DVDFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MKV.H265 1 Pass and CRF Color Range Bug in all recent 32 and 64bit versions of DVDFab

I've just tested both the 64 and 32 bit versions of DVDFab BD ripper using MKV.H265 1 pass, 2 pass, and CRF.
    Only the 2 pass correctly recognizes the Color Range as TV.
    Both 1 pass and CRF see the Color Range as PC.
    This bug has been present for a lot of the previous versions of DVDFab. I don't remember the last version that worked. It may never have worked correctly for all I know because I just switched to using H265 this past year.
    MKV.H264 does not have this Color Range issue at all.

For the following attachments I was using:
    32bit DVDFab version 10.0.5.7.
    Windows 10 PRO PC version 1703 with an Intel i5-6500 running at 3.2GHz with 16GB of ram.
    Plex Server version 1.8.4.4249 Media Info Tab
    Bluray Movie = Inglorious Bastards US blu-ray 65155851088441574339953F0E3478F944C8B3C1

I ran three rips of this movie in the following order:
    first - MKV.H265 1pass
    second - MKV.H265 2pass
    third - MKV.H265 CRF18

The audio was copied Same as Source for all rips.
    The subtitles mode was set to Direct Render to Video for all rips.

If you need more info please ask.
    I hope the developers see this and acknowledge the bug or direct me to a fix.
    Attached Files

This may be an issue with either the profile or the preset that it uses. The devs will have to take a look. Another user posted about this also I believe. Sorry for the problem.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      This may be an issue with either the profile or the preset that it uses. The devs will have to take a look. Another user posted about this also I believe. Sorry for the problem.
      Thank you for replying.
      I look forward to a resolution.

Comment

FYI

Just tested the new x64 10.0.5.9 version with The Mummy (2017) US BD and found the same problem. MKV.H265 1pass is still setting Color Range as PC instead of TV.

<Media videoResolution="1080" id="4390" duration="6605343" bitrate="8670" width="1920" height="800" aspectRatio="2.35" audioChannels="8" audioCodec="truehd" videoCodec="hevc" container="mkv" videoFrameRate="24p" videoProfile="main">
        <Part accessible="1" exists="1" id="4427" key="/library/parts/4427/1505430799/file.mkv" duration="6605343" file="H:\Plex Media 3\Movies 3\The Mummy (2017)\The Mummy (2017) (Atmos) 1pass.mkv" size="7158924104" container="mkv" videoProfile="main">
        <Stream id="6574" streamType="1" default="1" codec="hevc" index="0" bitrate="8670" bitDepth="8" chromaSubsampling="4:2:0" colorRange="pc" colorSpace="bt709" frameRate="23.976" height="800" level="120" profile="main" refFrames="1" width="1920"/>
        <Stream id="6575" streamType="2" selected="1" default="1" codec="truehd" index="1" channels="8" bitrate="4927" language="English" languageCode="eng" audioChannelLayout="7.1" bitDepth="24" samplingRate="48000"/>
        <Stream id="6579" key="/library/streams/6579" streamType="3" codec="srt" language="English" languageCode="eng"/>
        </Part>
        </Media>
        <Media videoResolution="1080" id="4391" duration="6605343" bitrate="8674" width="1920" height="800" aspectRatio="2.35" audioChannels="8" audioCodec="truehd" videoCodec="hevc" container="mkv" videoFrameRate="24p" videoProfile="main">
        <Part accessible="1" exists="1" id="4428" key="/library/parts/4428/1505453111/file.mkv" duration="6605343" file="H:\Plex Media 3\Movies 3\The Mummy (2017)\The Mummy (2017) (Atmos) 2pass.mkv" size="7161832559" container="mkv" videoProfile="main">
        <Stream id="6576" streamType="1" default="1" codec="hevc" index="0" bitrate="8674" bitDepth="8" chromaSubsampling="4:2:0" colorRange="tv" colorSpace="bt709" frameRate="23.976" height="800" level="120" profile="main" refFrames="1" width="1920"/>
        <Stream id="6577" streamType="2" selected="1" default="1" codec="truehd" index="1" channels="8" bitrate="4927" language="English" languageCode="eng" audioChannelLayout="7.1" bitDepth="24" samplingRate="48000"/>
        <Stream id="6580" key="/library/streams/6580" streamType="3" codec="srt" language="English" languageCode="eng"/>
        </Part>
        </Media>

Attached Files

Comment

I have feedback to our developer.
          Could you give me a picture that your BUG movies show on the TV?
          User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
          For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
          For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Thanks for your feedback.
            From your dvdfab_internal.log, there are two ripper records.
            two pass used soft x265, one pass crf use cuda . It seems be hardware problem. Our developer will fix it.
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

QUOTE=Dora;n341894]I have feedback to our developer.
              Could you give me a picture that your BUG movies show on the TV?[/QUOTE]

Here you go.
              The screenshot on the left is MKV.H265 1 pass with the PC Color Range.
              The screenshot on the right is MKV.H265 2 pass with the correct TV Color Range.

The black level is off with 1 pass and CRF in the H265 decoder.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDFab Inglorious Bastards Black Levels.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.8 KB ID:	341910

Last edited by FQs19; 09-20-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                Thanks for your feedback.
                From your dvdfab_internal.log, there are two ripper records.
                two pass used soft x265, one pass crf use cuda . It seems be hardware problem. Our developer will fix it.
                Do you mean Software problem? Or is there a Hardware problem on my end?

I'm confused because you said 'hardware problem' but that 'our developer will fix it'.

Comment

Hi FQs19
                  Developer is fixed this issue on 10061 bata. Please try it.
                  If issue still has there, tell us. thanks.
                  User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                  For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                  For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                  For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
                    Hi FQs19
                    I will try it this weekend and provide my results.
                    Thank you

Comment

Hi FQs19
                      The issue with H265 1pass is fixed in the Beta 10.0.6.1.
                      Thank you so much for fixing this.

I will try CRF later this weekend to see if it is also fixed.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi FQs19
                        H265 CRF also correctly assigns the color range as TV with Beta 10.0.6.1.
                        Thank You again.

You can close this topic.
                        Attached Files

Comment

ust tried using the new 64bit version 10.0.6.2 and found that the Color Range bug has not been fixed in this version.
                          It was fixed in the 32bit version.

Log shows me using the 64bit version to rip The Last Five Years (2014) in mkv.h265 1pass then ripping the same movie in the 32bit version.

Can you apply the fix from the 32bit version to the next 64bit version please.
                          Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvdfab64bit color range bug.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	816 Bytes
ID:	342435
                          Last edited by FQs19; 09-30-2017, 12:35 AM. Reason: added photo

Comment

Hi FQs19,

The 10.0.6.3(x64) beta is out, Please try.
                            Please post your logs the default location is:
                            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                              Hi FQs19,

The 10.0.6.3(x64) beta is out, Please try.
                              Excellent news!
                              I will try it this weekend and post my results.

Thank You.

Comment

Working...
                              X