Strange Problem Ripping DVD of QB-VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Strange Problem Ripping DVD of QB-VII

This is a weird problem I've never seen before. When I try to rip the mini-series QB-VII, DVDFab skips the first chapter, and starts ripping 10 minutes and 14 seconds into Disc 1 (Disc 2 rips perfectly). When I try previewing the movie in DVDFab, it also skips to Chapter 2. I can drag the slider back a bit, and it shows the earlier part of the disk (but never to the beginning; if I go the the beginning, it jumps back to Chapter 2 at 10:14). I put the disc in an old DVD player, and it plays fine; the first seven or eight mandatory warnings, and then the show starts at the beginning. But DVDFab will not record (or play) Chapter 1.

Any ideas about why this is happening, and how to fix it? Thank you.
    Attached Files

Try turning Pathplayer off in Fab settings and retry then check to see if it's all their turn Pathplayer back on when done.
    Last edited by 3dman7; 09-21-2017, 01:56 AM.

Comment

I disabled Pathplayer, restarted DVDFab, and the same thing happens. I've even tried just selecting Chapter 1 (1 - 1), and when I click on the Preview button, nothing happens. I'm still clueless.

Thanks anyway...

Comment

Hi RoadRunner,
        Set PathPlayer back to Always Enable, then on the same page in CommonSettings, click on DVD Protection and at the bottom of the list UNcheck the Enable Cloud Decryption Service box and try it again. If it still does not work, it is an unsupported protection and the developers will need to check it, so report back on the results. Either way, put the checkmark back in the box for Cloud Decryption.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Unfortunately, setting PathPlayer to Always Enable, and unchecking Enable Cloud Decryption Service did not fix the problem. I left all other settings in their default state. Is there anything else I can do to help troubleshoot this? Thank you!

Comment

I tried something, and it (mostly) worked. I did a "DVD Copy" to my hard drive, and then did a "DVD Ripper" on the copied files. This time, the first minute and twenty seconds were skipped, but the rest seemed to rip just fine. Since the skipped part was just opening credits, I can live with that. In fact, if I get motivated, I can do a file edit and copy the opening credits from the second disc to replace the incomplete first disc credits.

I'll continue to try ripping the DVD after new version releases until the entire disc can be ripped.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X