No announcement yet.

BD Ripper Completes Ripping Process But Files are Incomplete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BD Ripper Completes Ripping Process But Files are Incomplete

I'm having an issue I hope you can help me out. I've recently started using the BD Ripper portion of the DVD Fab software suite. The situation I'm running into is that when trying to rip a full movie the process completes but the file is missing the file properties. (i.e. the run-time, file size, bit rate and all other file properties are missing from file when looking at the properties in Windows File Explorer) I reached out to DVDFab support and their suggestion was to turn off all Codecs for rendering and use the software only rendering. I have done so and I'm still having the same issue. The interesting part of this is I can rip any of the special features from a given disc, that process completes fine and all the properties can be viewed in Windows File Explorer. The problem only seems to exist when ripping the main movie from the disc. I've attempted the ripping with the various scenarios and keep running into the same issue.

File Output Type - MP4, MP4 H265, MP4 H265 10 BIT
    Codecs - software only driven, Video Card Codec supported
    Encoding - One pass encoding, two pass encoding
    Quality - Low, High, custom
    DVD Passkey - Passkey turned on, passkey turned off

I've attached a copy of the logs I sent to DVDFab support as a reference. The only thing I have not tried yet is using the GPU on the motherboard. I currently have the onboard GPU disabled and I'm using the NVidia Geforce GTX980 TI as my video card. Here are the specs for my system.

MB - Gigabyte Auros GA-Z270X Gaming Rev. 8
    Processor - Intel Core I7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad Core 4.2 GHz
    Memory - 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3600
    Video Card - NVidia Geforce GTX980 TI 06G-4998-KR 6GB
    DVD Drive - Pioneer 4k UHD Blu-Ray Burner
    OS - Windows 10 Pro 64BIt

Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

The Ripper module does not provide actor, director or similar data, but you should see the basics in Windows Explorer. Here is what I see:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 FILEDATA.png Views:	1 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	342337

For anything more than this, you could post it in the Feature Request forum.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for the response. For me, the issue is when I look at the file properties for the files in question there is not a single property showing. As a result, the file won't play as windows doesn't recognize it as a completed file. I've had this issue with all of the discs I've tried ripping to date. (Logan, Alien Covenant, Guardians of The Galaxy 2 and The Blacklist, season 1) I'm not so much concerned about have the meta information of actors showing for the given file and more so having the program complete the file so it's playable.

Comment

Does the issue occur on DVDs as well, or only on Blu-rays (assuming you own the dvd ripping portion of DVDfab)

You are correct about the missing details being a problem. At the end of conversion, you should get Title, Video Length, Video Frame width, Video Frame height, Video Data rate, Vudeo Total bitrate, Video Frame Rate, Audio Bit rate, Audio Channels, and Audio Sample Rate. The remaining fields will be blank.

Logan ripped fine for me using 10.0.5.9 (x64) using H265 MKV and hardware encoding (GTX 1050) - The 980 does support H265 I believe, so it should be using hardware encoding for the conversion, but the actual finalizing of the file would be done by DVDFab and would be where those details are processed. To clarify, DVDFab says the process completed successfully, but the file is missing the data?

Your logs are from 8/31. I assume that the updates since then (current version as of now is 10.0.6.2) didn't fix this for you? You're running the latest drivers for your graphics card?

The next place I'd look is your antivirus. If it's somehow blocking DVDfab from writing the final output to the file with the file details (and somehow DVDfab thinks it's working when it's not) that could be the cause. Try disabling your antivirus and see if the issue persists. Lastly, try going to Copy>Main Movie and rip the main movie to an ISO file. Then try converting the ISO to an MP4 and see if that works. That'll tell us if it's specific to ripping from disc straight to MP4 or if it applies to all blu-ray sources.

Comment

It turns out the issue was caused by my combined selection of "Copy Audio" and the selection of the MP4 file format for output. The MP4 file format in question was not able to support a 7.1 channel audio stream so when the output file was created it didn't recognize the audio type so it wouldn't finalize the file properties.

Comment

Working...
          X