Multichannel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HiFi AUdio Converter Multichannel problem

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'll trya anyway. I just recieved the 2CD/1BD version of The Singles by the The Doors. The Bluray contains a 4-channel DTS-HD/MA version of the 1973 alubm "The Best Of the Doors" so I thought that would be perfect thing to try the Audio ripping feature on to see if it was better/more convenient than my manual process. So, I selected the multi-channel flac output option and the DTS-HD/MA audio track and lit it rip (so to speak). I expected that I would get a 4-channel FLAC audio file, but the output was only 2-channel stereo, am I missing something here? Here's the relevant section of the log file:

855m 01.92s: ========WorkAttr::SetSource=======
    855m 01.93s: Source Video Size Original: 1920 x 1080
    855m 01.93s: Source Video Size Display: 1920 x 1080
    855m 01.94s: Source Video FPS: 24000 / 1001
    855m 01.94s: Source Video Bitrate: 1200
    855m 01.95s: Source Audio Bitrate: 0
    855m 01.95s: Source Audio Channels: 4
    855m 01.95s: Source Audio Volume: 100
    855m 01.96s: Source Audio Bitdepth: 24
    855m 01.96s: Source Audio SampleRate: 192000
    855m 01.96s: Work Profile: Flac Multi-channel
    855m 02.16s: Meta: Load the default meta info data .
    855m 02.22s: Source manager: open source flag:1,0,1,1,1
    Attached Files

Trying to reproduce this, thanks for the feedback Nik.

A reminder to all that the free trial of this new product is limited to 3 conversions within the normal 30-day window.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I just did one that has a DTS-HD MA/5.1 track that produced a 6-channel flac file. The MediaInfo is attached. Not sure what you are seeing. You might attach the DVDFab internal log session that your conversion produced. See the link in my sig.
      Attached Files
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        I just did one that has a DTS-HD MA/5.1 track that produced a 6-channel flac file. The MediaInfo is attached. Not sure what you are seeing. You might attach the DVDFab internal log session that your conversion produced. See the link in my sig.
        I thought I had included the relevant section of the log in the original post. The one thing that might be odd is that this is a 4.0 Audio track (the original recording was released as a quadraphonic LP), so working for a 6.1 audio track might be misleading. BTW, I checked with mediainfo as well, and it's definitely a 2.0 output.

Comment

The portion you included is just the Source analysis, the full log session might be useful to the developers, but someone will contact you by PM if they need more information. I agree that the unusual 4-track source may be the issue here but it still should be corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            The portion you included is just the Source analysis, the full log session might be useful to the developers, but someone will contact you by PM if they need more information. I agree that the unusual 4-track source may be the issue here but it still should be corrected.
            OK, just make sure I wasn't messing anything up, I redid the rip with multi-channel FLAC as the output profile. I've attached the following:

1. Internal log
            2. Screen snapshot of Windows Explorer's listing of the file details
            3. Mediainfo's output

BTW, I have a couple of suggestions if you are looking for ways to improve the Audio ripper:
            1. I like the fact that you generate a CUE file (though I think you are generating it in a non-standard way) but at the moment it has to be edited by hand to include information about Artist/Album/Track. So how about popping up a dialog that allows us to enter the Artist, Album name and enter track names for each chapter, you could even capture this in your mdetadata repository so that the information is pre-populated for anybody else who rips the disk.
            2. Give us an option to split the audio output at the chapter markers so that each track is in it's own file

On the subject of the CUE file output, I think you are putting in an unnecessary INDEX entry with each track. For example the entry for track 3 from The Doors disk is:

TRACK 03 AUDIO
            TITLE "Chapter 03"
            INDEX 00 10:14:03
            INDEX 01 10:14:03

I've looked at other CUE files generated by other tools such as CUEripper CD ripping program and they only have a single INDEX entry for each track...

TRACK 01 AUDIO
            PERFORMER "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers"
            TITLE "Runnin' Down a Dream"
            INDEX 01 00:00:00
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, it is headed up the foodchain. Good suggestions.

Comment

Working...
              X