DVD Ripper Crashes when using Trimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Crashes when using Trimmer

Recently (last version or two?) every time I try to trim a movie before compressing it, DVDFab does a hard crash. It doesn't happen on Blu-rays, it doesn't happen if using passthrough, but going to h264 from a DVD (or ISO of the DVD) crashes every time I use the trimmer (but not until I press start, then it's instant crash)... I've tried re-encoding DVDs I'd converted with DVDFab previously, and it crashes with those too. Using the same movie, same settings, it works fine if I remove my settings from trimmer... Is this a known issue? Is it being worked on? Is there a work-around in the mean time?

Thanks,
    -LeRoy3rd
    Attached Files

This is unusual, please attach a DVDFab internal log session that contains one of these crashes. If there are any dump files in the log folder, please include them also.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      This is unusual, please attach a DVDFab internal log session that contains one of these crashes. If there are any dump files in the log folder, please include them also.
      Thanks for the response. I deleted my dvdfab_internal.log file and did two tests to give you a clean file (it will only have 2 jobs in it, the first successful job, and the second immediately failing job using the trimmer)... The first test is the disc "Man on Fire" WITHOUT using the trimming function, the second test is the same disc (iso) with the same settings, the only change is I trimmed a bit off the start and end. I did find one piece of information that might be useful to your debugging, this only seems to happen with the MP4 container, not with the MKV container. Unfortunately, for the use case I need these for, the player can't read MKV, only MP4. Hope this helps, log attached. Oh, one more thing, when trying to render after trimming, I hit start, it says it's starting CUDA, then crashes.

Thanks,
      LeRoy3rd
      Attached Files

Comment

I should also mention, there was no error dump. If it would help, I'd be happy to upload a video showing the sequence of events.

-LeRoy3rd

Comment

Thanks for the files. I have duplicated the problem, although it crashes for me during the trimming process if a second cut is attempted.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Thanks for the files. I have duplicated the problem, although it crashes for me during the trimming process if a second cut is attempted.
            Great to hear! If I can be of further assistance, let me know.

-LeRoy3rd

Comment

Working...
            X