There isn't any picture in post #12.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Originally posted by TrickyZ View Post
      Crop settings...

you don't see the pics above?

Comment

I had the same crop problem on BluRay rip. I found that it seems to be an issue with 2.4 aspect ratio movies. If I leave the crop aspect ratio in "Auto" then it crops off center. When I set crop manually to 2.4 then the BluRay is cropped correctly. Click image for larger version

Name:	BluRay_cropFix.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	349427

Comment

One more step in order to fix the crop issue. In addition to setting crop aspect manually and unchecking "keep aspect ratio" I also had to use the built in encoding profiles. If I used my profile with the steps before it would still crop off center. If I used built-in profile without setting aspect manually it would also crop off center.

Comment

Originally posted by sambucka View Post
            One more step in order to fix the crop issue. In addition to setting crop aspect manually and unchecking "keep aspect ratio" I also had to use the built in encoding profiles. If I used my profile with the steps before it would still crop off center. If I used built-in profile without setting aspect manually it would also crop off center.
            very interesting. thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind for next time, and maybe it will help dvdfab fix this problem.

Comment

Hello sambucka,

Thank you for the detailed info. I will pass them to the developers.

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

has anything been figured out by looking at my log file? Its been over a month since I submitted it, and I continue to have cropping issues, most recently with the blu-ray copy of Thor: Ragnarok included with the 4k blu-ray.

Comment

I had the same crop problem on BluRay rip. I found that it seems to be an issue with 2.4 aspect ratio movies. If I leave the crop aspect ratio in "Auto" then it crops off center. When I set crop manually to 2.4 then the BluRay is cropped correctly. Click image for larger version

Name:	BluRay_cropFix.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	349427
                  doing this still crops off center for me. I'm picking the MP4 profile, making a couple changes (high quality instead of standard, and AC3 audio, but that's all I'm changing. then I specify 2.39 aspect in crop settings, turn off Keep Aspect, but its still off center up and down.

The only way I can get a properly centered movie is to NOT crop at all, recording the black bars into the video.

Mona, I haven't heard from you in a while???

Comment

The solution posted by me before stopped working. I did have AMD APP acceleration enabled. Now the only way to crop correctly is to disable all GPU codecs for encoding and recoding. It does take 7x more time to rip, but the cropping works in auto mode.

Comment

The solution posted by me before stopped working. I did have AMD APP acceleration enabled. Now the only way to crop correctly is to disable all GPU codecs for encoding and recoding. It does take 7x more time to rip, but the cropping works in auto mode.
                      I was wondering if that had something to do with it. Its a HUGE time difference, I hope DVDFab gets on the ball and fixes it finally!!!

Comment

TESTING

can anyone see this image full size? should be 700 pixels wide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2018-03-28-10h59m54s562.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	351528

Comment

how about this one? once you click the thumbnail, does it show up full size?

Attached Files

Comment

I did some testing today based on your findings using yesterday's release of Star Wars The Last Jedi, which is yet another 2.39:1 aspect movie.

Using normal settings, the blu ray ripped in about 40 minutes, and was OFF CENTER...

(I was going to post a screenshot here, but there seems to be a limit on the attachment size on this message board)
                            Last edited by TrickyZ; 03-28-2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

trying an image host. click thumbnail for full size image...

Comment

I then tried ripping the movie by disabling "lightning shrink" and "lightning recode".

the rip still resulted in OFF CENTER crop.

Comment

Working...
                                X