Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Resolution

When using DVD Fab ripper, I noticed the resolution says 1920x804. When I watch the video, it shows the black bar on the top & bottom of the screen. Since I'm using a Hi Def TV already, why doesn't the resolution go to 1920x1080, so the full screen is used?

I assume that I can type in 1920x1080 for Resolution under the Ripper Advanced Settings to achieve this?

Ripper crops the input to match the aspect ratio of the Source video, which in the case of Blu-rays is normally 2.40:1 (1920x800) or a little less. Since the aspect ratio of your display is 1.78:1 (1920x1080), there is no way to display a 2.40:1 source without either black bars top and bottom or zooming and cropping the sides off the video. You can force this screen-filling by using manual cropping in Ripper, but most users choose the black bars to preserve the widescreen aspect of the Source material.

Source material that is 1.78:1 will fill the screen with no bars. This aspect ratio is still found on some titles but is more common on TV show discs.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi

Another option that I prefer is to reduce the size of the Black Bars by adjusting the Aspect Ratio, however, this will stretch the picture up and down to see a larger image on the TV screen....subtle changes are not really noticeable during viewing and you do get used to.

One way to do this is to set auto crop to ON or manually crop to suit. Open Video Editor window and in the Aspect Ratio drop-down list select Customise. Drag the A/R slider to the left, for example to say about 1.506. Preview and re-adjust to suit if necessary.

You could type 1920 X 1080 in Advanced Settings but may stretch the picture too much. 1920 X 1020 may be better and would also reduce the Black Bars and stretch the picture.

It's really a matter of preference.....cropping or stretching the picture.

Comment

Working...
      X