Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What determines the speed at which a disc is ripped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What determines the speed at which a disc is ripped?

I generally have been doing MKV Passthrough, but I've noticed that a disc will rip at different speeds. Some have been as high as the mid 20s (MB/s) and some in the single digits. Generally though, the resulting output file has been good.

Anyway, I was ripping a bluray of "The Invincible Iron Man" animated movie and it's been chugging along at 0.33 MB/s.

Just wondering what would cause some discs to rip faster or slower than others.
    Attached Files

The main bottleneck for the Ripper (or Copy) module is usually the optical drive, but with a speed like that it sounds like some other problem. Could be related to the Source format or a high number of read errors. The DVDFab internal log session from one of the slow ones might show something, you can attach it to a post per the instructions here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by ARAMP1 View Post
      I generally have been doing MKV Passthrough, but I've noticed that a disc will rip at different speeds. Some have been as high as the mid 20s (MB/s) and some in the single digits. Generally though, the resulting output file has been good.

Anyway, I was ripping a bluray of "The Invincible Iron Man" animated movie and it's been chugging along at 0.33 MB/s.

Just wondering what would cause some discs to rip faster or slower than others.
      I use the ripper to convert Blu-Rays to MP4, I have noticed it depends alot on your video card. AMD cards dont work so well the highest FPS i could get was 28, but nvidia card will increase speeds because of CUDA GPU acceleration for Linghtning-Shrink. I have a couple of different nvidia cards and the ones with the more CUDA Cores encode faster. On my GeForce GTX 970 i have seen the frames per second get up over 600

Comment

Well, it was only the one disk that copied so slow. I started it, went to work and then when I got home it only had about an hour left. It copied just fine (other than taking 10 hours on MKV Passthrough) and the movie is now playing fine in my Plex Media Server.

I have disable GPU checked, Just using the CPU.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ARAMP1 View Post
          Well, it was only the one disk that copied so slow. I started it, went to work and then when I got home it only had about an hour left. It copied just fine (other than taking 10 hours on MKV Passthrough) and the movie is now playing fine in my Plex Media Server.

I have disable GPU checked, Just using the CPU.
          Please post fabcheck_internal.log file as well.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

Working...
          X