Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu-ray Ripper won't work with CUDA and using Software option takes WAY too long.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Ripper won't work with CUDA and using Software option takes WAY too long.

I am running the latest version of Blu-Ray Ripper (64bit) with Windows 10 on a Microsoft SurfaceBook, which has 2 GPUs: NVIDIA GeForce GPU Driver Version: 23.21.13.8808

and Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 Driver Version: 22.20.16.4811. With this latest version of Blu-Ray Ripper, the only codec option is CUDA, but when I try to rip, the process finishes after a few seconds, saying the process was successful. If I switch to the software option for video decoding, the process takes a ridiculous amount of time (as long as 40 hours!), which is unworkable.

Can anyone help me to get Blu-Ray Ripper to work properly and in a reasonable amount of time on my machine? Thank you.

Please attach the fabcheck log and the DVDFab internal log session for a recent conversion attempt. Instructions here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5 Sorry you are having a problem.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Logs attached. Thank you for your help.
      Attached Files

Comment

try temporarily disabling one of the graphics cards in your computer and just
        use one graphics card. retry blu-ray ripper again with CUDA settings enabled
        and see if copy speed improves.

Comment

hi skmcpher,

Microsoft SurfaceBook used Microsoft customered Nvidia GPU, it is not have enenc on it as far as we check.
          So no cuda hardware. And there is a bug in detect this info.
          And from log, we see you try disable Nvidia GPU, intel hd 520 seems can work.
          you can check codec setting from below pic, then give a try to use intel hardware.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	surface book intel.png
Views:	334
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	352428

yours,
          Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X