Video Not Playable When Copy Audio Option Is Enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Not Playable When Copy Audio Option Is Enabled

At some point in time my DVDFab lost it's ability to rip BDR movies that will play when the Copy Audio option is enabled. For movies that have 7.1 audio I like to copy audio vs converting to 5.1, however the problem exists for all audio formats.
    The conversion process is happening, because it takes about the same amount of time as it takes when converting the audio to 5.1 and the file size is reflective of a successful conversion, however when I try to play the video I get a "Can't Play" error message (attached).

I thought it was due to a version update, however rolling back to the previous version did not help. I did a complete removal of DVDFab (using REVO), then re-installing the most current version of DVDFab, however that didn't work.
    No DVDFab settings were messed with and I haven't had any hardware changes. The only other thing I think it might be is something with a Windows 10 update caused it.

Any help in getting this resolved is greatly appreciated. Let me know which log file to attach, if needed, and I'll post it.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Sorry for the problem, what are you using for playback? Please also supply details of your settings in Ripper. One of the DVDFab internal log sessions might help in trying to duplicate this, instructions here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for the prompt response and apologies for the late reply. I thought your team was on holiday until May 1...
      I'm using the Windows 10 Movies & TV as default on my PC, however I've tried transferring the files to my PLEX server to see if it would play the file and it too would not. VLC will not play the files either. I ripped 1 chapter of a movie with 7.1 audio to create the latest DVDFab internal log.
      Attached Files

Comment

The Beijing office was closed, forum support is almost always available even during holidays. Please scan the short output file you made with MediaInfo and attach the text output to a post. You can get MediaInfo free here if you don't have it: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Apologies, slight learning curve here... I opened the short video file with MI, however I'm not sure I'm outputting the file correctly (see attached).
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Raspis View Post
            Apologies, slight learning curve here... I opened the short video file with MI, however I'm not sure I'm outputting the file correctly (see attached).
            Hi Raspis,

We are trying to reproduce the problem, please kindly wait, thank you.

Regards,
            Mona

Comment

Thank you for the prompt response and apologies for the late reply. I thought your team was on holiday until May 1...
              I'm using the Windows 10 Movies & TV as default on my PC, however I've tried transferring the files to my PLEX server to see if it would play the file and it too would not. VLC will not play the files either. I ripped 1 chapter of a movie with 7.1 audio to create the latest DVDFab internal log.
              UPDATE:

Please update to DVDFab 10.0.9.2 to try again, this time, please feedback with the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

Also, please use other software players like DVDFab Player 5 to playback the output file and see the result.

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

Hi Mona - Updated DVDFab to 10.0.9.2... Log files attached are for John Wick - Chapter 2, conversion of chapter 14 from both the ISO file and directly from the blu-ray disc. DVDF P 5 would not play either file.
                The dvdfabcheck_internal file contains just the info from today. Let me know if you require the unedited file.

Thank you
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's the other 2 log files...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just checking to see if this issue is being worked on.

Comment

Just checking to see if this issue is being worked on.
                      We could not reproduce the problem with the same source on our side. Now the developers are trying to run more cases to duplicate the problem you reported.

Mona

Comment

Hi Mona - I received your test file and it plays. However in looking at the details of your file in MediaInfo, I am already able to use almost the same settings, the only thing being different is a higher video bitrate and the output is playable.
                        The issue I'm experiencing is that video will not playback when I have the copy audio option selected. I have attached screenshots of my preferred rip settings in a Docx file. It's these settings, mainly the copy audio selection, that produces an unplayable video file. If I uncheck the copy audio and select AC3, I get a playable file.
                        I have a surround sound receiver capable of playing up to 9.1 Dolby ATMOS and I'd really like to take full advantage. My current surround setup is 7.1...
                        I am able to rip the movie Wonder Woman using my preferred settings. Would it be of any help if I attached the log files from this movie for your developers to compare?

Best regards
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello again, Mona. I believe I have found the solution to my video playback issue. Once I discovered that MP4 and True HD/7.1 audio won't work together, I switched my output container to MKV and upon doing so I got a popup warning me of Cinavia removal. That was the "ah-ha!" moment... Upon reading the "Note" section it states that by removing Cinavia, audiocopy is one of the options that aren't available.

So I ran several tests with Cinavia left intact and every one allowed me to output a playable video. MediaInfo even shows the audio as having 8 channels. Yea!

So to sum it up, if I deselect the white triangle/play icon next to the 7.1 audio source to retain True HD Audio, which is also choosing to leave Cinavia intact and recode the video using the MKV container, I get the result I prefer.

Best regards,
                          Raspis

Comment

Working...
                          X