Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD Fab Crashing

Hi all.

I found old family DVD I wanted to rip long time ago because I lost original VHS sources. DVD was created with Pinnacle Studio. Initial reading went ok and then shortly after, without any warning or information, DVD Fab disappear from screen.

I'm attaching famous two log files if somebody can find any foul play... It will be great help if I can fix this...
    Attached Files

First, make sure the disc is actually a DVD and formatted as a DVD-VIdeo. DVDFab is having a problem recognizing the disc type. With DVDFab closed, put the disc in your drive and open it with Windows explorer. If you do not see a VIDEO_TS folder that contains IFO, BUP and VOB files it is some other format and file system. Does it play in a DVD Player?

If it is a DVD and is not encrypted, try this:
    In Settings->DVD->DVD Protection, UN check Enable Cloud Decryption Service
    In Settings->DVD->PathPlayer, click the Disable PathPlayer button
    You might also try unchecking all the boxes on the DVD Protection page if the first two do not allow it to copy.
    Be sure to set them all back to normal when you are finished with this disc.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Not sure what version of Avid/Pinnacle Studio you are using but I have used version 15 for several years to transfer and create family video DVD's from my digital camera (and transfer older VHS tapes as it appears you were doing).. When you create a DVD from that program, you have to make sure that your settings are set to make a fully complaint DVD, and not just writing the video stream to disc as, say an mpg file. Since Pinnacle does not create protected discs, you should be able to simply copy the video file(s) to your HDD without having to descramble it, thus no need to use DVDFab for that task. Since Pinnacle does not create encrypted discs, if the DVD is in fact correct DVD structure, you should also be able to use Imgburn in the read mode to read the disc to make a copy. This is all of course assuming there is nothing wrong physically with the disc.

Comment

Thanks for replies guys. And sorry for late response (vacations are required sometimes).

I did check everything you suggested and DVD is actual DVD: there is correct structure, it is playable in standalone DVD player and it is not protected. As far as I can remember, it was created with Pinnacle Studio 9 or 10 or 11. But whatever it is, it was created correctly.
        I can say that because I was able to open it with DVDFab 9 !! I can make a copy of it, I can rip it into the AVI, MP4 but not the maximum of quality as MKV Passthrough. What I get out of 4.7 GB disc is less than 1GB file.
        When I tried to rip MKV Passthrough I got "Error = config_mobile empty oformat helper mkv"
        I did try to rip in VOB format and surprise, surprise... no issues (except I don't know what to do with it).

And, as I said, nothing is possible in DVDFab 10.

Comment

Originally posted by dule_b View Post
          Thanks for replies guys. And sorry for late response (vacations are required sometimes).

I did check everything you suggested and DVD is actual DVD: there is correct structure, it is playable in standalone DVD player and it is not protected. As far as I can remember, it was created with Pinnacle Studio 9 or 10 or 11. But whatever it is, it was created correctly.
          I can say that because I was able to open it with DVDFab 9 !! I can make a copy of it, I can rip it into the AVI, MP4 but not the maximum of quality as MKV Passthrough. What I get out of 4.7 GB disc is less than 1GB file.
          When I tried to rip MKV Passthrough I got "Error = config_mobile empty oformat helper mkv"
          I did try to rip in VOB format and surprise, surprise... no issues (except I don't know what to do with it).

And, as I said, nothing is possible in DVDFab 10.
          Please update to DVDFab 10.0.9.9 to try again and feedback with the latest log file.
          Also, please post the log file from DVDFab 9 version.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

Here are logs from version 10.0.9.9
            Attached Files

Comment

And here are logs from version 9 where first attempt is to rip MKV Passthrough and second attempt is AVI
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, thanks for the help. Logs are received.
                The issue has been transferred to the QA team to diagnose.
                We will update you for the result, thanks again.

Comment

Hi, the issue has been reproduced. And the developer will work on it, thanks.

Comment

Hi, the problem will be fixed in the new DVDFab 10201offical version. Please kindly wait for the update, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X