Wrong Audio Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Audio Format

I'm getting the wrong audio format when doing a DVD to MKV Ripper (from the movie The Miracle Season). I'm trying to get the Eng Dolby Digital Audio 5.1 format (the normal audio) but getting the Audio Descriptive Audio 5.1 format! Is there a way to get the normal audio MKV version?
    Last edited by geh; 08-20-2018, 12:35 AM.

You need to select audio by clicking what I have circled then uncheck everything except the audio stream you want: Click image for larger version

Name:	Audio.png
Views:	205
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	358288
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by geh View Post
      I'm getting the wrong audio format when doing a DVD to MKV Ripper (from the movie The Miracle Season). I'm trying to get the Eng Dolby Digital Audio 5.1 format (the normal audio) but getting the Audio Descriptive Audio 5.1 format! Is there a way to get the normal audio MKV version?
      Hi geh,

Besides 90312's reply, if you are not using the latest version of DVDFab, please be sure to update before you try again.

Regards,
      Mona

Comment

Thanks 90312 ... that fixed it !!

Thanks again,
        geh

Comment

Glad you're going again geh!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I first noticed this behavior about two weeks now myself and I always make sure I am using the latest version of DVDFab.

This may be a New Anti-Piracy method where on more and more movies you will find a "Visually impaired" Audio track as the Default when you try to Rip the disk, but it won't show as such until you click the Audio Track pull down menu. Maybe they're using java script to to do this??? Or perhaps some other mechanism?

You insert the DVD, wait till it finishes and lists the title and such.

The Audio will show as "EN AC-3/5.1" if you go ahead and click the Start button, then later check the resulting video file, you sometimes find that the movie is ruined with the wrong audio track.

NOW..... if before you click the Start button you click on the Audio Selection drop down Menu, you will sometimes find that "English AC-3/5.1 visual impaired" is actually selected and you manually have to select "English AC3/5.1" then unselect the "visual impaired" selection.

So far, I have found three Movies which default to "English AC-3/5.1 visual impaired"

One of them is Isle of Dogs - (Really Stupid idiots transposing the word isle over the Kana for Dog and the word Dog over the Kana for island!!!) - Another Perfect Translation!

Ready Player One - was another and there was one other which I don't recall but it was released in the last week or two to DVD.

Incidentally there appears to be nothing in the log files to indicate which audio file is selected.

Currently all you can do is to manually check which Audio file is selected instead of just relying on what it shows as there doesn't appear to be any settings in DVDFab to skip the Visually Impaired audio File yet.
            Last edited by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎; 08-24-2018, 03:50 PM. Reason: Corrected the name of one of the movies.

Comment

Yes I find the visually impaired audio stream selected by default more times than not, better to check each time.

Albert Einstein

Comment

What I don't understand is why this is happening all the time now? It has only just happened with version 10.2.1.0 (for me anyway). I have 2 movies straight that it's done this since updating to 10.2.1.0 - A Quiet Place and now Deadpool 2
                It doesn't do it when you copy to ISO, that gets normal audio. It seems to only happen with Ripper...
                Last edited by lavee383; 08-29-2018, 05:30 AM.

Comment

My thoughts are that it's a new Protection.

When you play the disk normally, accessing it through the DVD Menu system, it'll play the correct Audio File.

Hence Copying to an ISO file which is an exact image of the disk working correctly.

But when you try to Rip some of the Newer Movies, the Visually Impaired audio file is set as Default because you're not using the DVD Menu system.

I don't know if they are using Java script or something else to accomplish this.

You need to manually check the Audio file each and every time, changing it as needed.

Comment

It is not a new protection, it seems to be a problem in Ripper. The discs work fine in Copy mode. The developers are working on it. As you can see, it can be avoided by supplying the missing checkmark for the main audio stream.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011RIPPERAUDIO.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.9 KB ID:	358860

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The main thing is Visually Impaired should NOT be checked to begin with and Never was checked in the past.

This only started recently and when Visually Impaired is checked, you don't see it until you manually access the pull down menu.

Otherwise it just shows as the correct audio file.

Comment

Originally posted by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 View Post
                        The main thing is Visually Impaired should NOT be checked to begin with and Never was checked in the past.

This only started recently and when Visually Impaired is checked, you don't see it until you manually access the pull down menu.

Otherwise it just shows as the correct audio file.
                        Exactly. Something changed by accident or by unintended consequence in the latest update that now defaults to Visually Impaired when Ripping...

Comment

I think it was back with version 10.2.0.6 that I first noticed this happening.

It's only been happening with movies released to DVD recently, but does not happen with older DVDs.

This is why I suspect it's a new Protection.

The law supposedly provides for full backups to be made of legally owned disks for ones own use, so creating a disk image should not be affected.

But most Pirates Rip the movies, then archive them into multipart archive files such as .rar file with recovery records before they post them online for others to download.

So when you look at it this way, it makes sense that this would be a new form of Protection aimed primarily at the Pirates who Rip and post movies.

As for where you find the majority of movies and other such illegal downloads. You find them posted in the Newsgroups. More specifically, the Binary newsgroups and a good client for accessing the newsgroups is Newsbin Pro.

Although I do Not advise or condone any such activities as it's a really good way to infect your system with some really nasty stuff.

Just looking into this is an eye opener.

Comment

UPDATE:

The latest DVDFab v10.2.1.2 has fixed this default audio track selection problem, please kindly update to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                              UPDATE:

The latest DVDFab v10.2.1.2 has fixed this default audio track selection problem, please kindly update to check it out.
                              Awesome! Will check out. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X