blu-ray ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blu-ray ripper

Using this app to rip Blu-ray ISO files (created with DVDFab) to MP4. Copying over to Plex server, playing through Tivo Mini 2. Noticing with BluRay rips that the video will hesitate sometimes and audio will cut out sometimes. Not noticing it with DVD rips. Anyone else seeing this? I'm going to test converting one of my Blu-ray ISO's to DVD and ripping that to MP4 and see if I see the same thing. Thanks in advance for your input!

That would be unusual, try playing the MP4s on your PC before moving them to the Plex and tell us the result.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'll try that. I have noticed, when I was looking for programs to do these conversions to Plex, that when I use Handbrake with the same Blu-Ray ISO files it saves them with .M4V extension (instead of MP4 like with DVDFab- but I don't think that makes much difference, same thing, isn't it?) and doesn't have the same issue- they play perfectly. I'm using Format->MP4 option to convert, not the TIVO one under Device-> "Box"- that one is terrible- converts it to MPG, Full screen, pixel-y, bleah. I'll keep testing, but the conversion takes several hours per file so I start it and leave for the day and get back to it late afternoon. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Such long conversions are not typical for DVDFab, please attach the DVDFab internal log session from one of them and the fabcheck log. Generally, the iPhone profiles produce good playability results on most devices, but the generic MP4 should be fine, it is what I use for testing.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X