Strange things happening with Avatar Extended Blu-Ray (UK) Disc 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange things happening with Avatar Extended Blu-Ray (UK) Disc 3

When I pop Disk 3 in a PS3, everything plays fine, I can navigate through all the titles (this is an extras disc) and they all play what they should. I noted the run times of the extras I wanted to extract and then loaded the disk in DVDFab.

As expected all the titles appear in the index when I select choose other titles, and there is one entry corresponding to each run time of the extras I want. But if I click Preview on any of them, regardless of which one I select, it plays the sound design feature, for how ever long the feature I selected should be.

So for example "Creating the Banshee" should be 9:51, so preview that and it plays the Sound Design feature + 1 minute of "Stunts" (since Sound Design is 8:50).

Then when I select the title that show as 9:51 in the DVDFab index for ripping, the ripped file is 49:13 long, starting with Sound Design and ending at the end of "Creating the Banshee".

The same thing happened with other titles, the file would start with Sound Design, and be long enough to get to the end of the actual feature I was after. The only two titles on the disc that work as expected are the 2 trailers, and of course Sound Design.

So it looks like this disc is using some odd indexing, that DVDFab doesn't understand.

I'm on 11.0.0.2, but it did the same on 11.0.0.1 as well

Hi steamhead, please attach the DVDFab internal log session that disc 3 made when you opened it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here you go
      Attached Files

Comment

@steamheaduk

Please copy all the files out from the original disc except *.M2TS files and then zip them and upload them to our FTP site. Thanks.

Please check PM for FTP info.

Comment

OK, I've uploaded AVATAR_CE_D3.zip from which I've also excluded the .ssif files as they added over a GB to the size, as I assume you don't need stereoscopic information files to debug a potential indexing issue. Not sure why they even exist on this disc as it isn't a 3D blu-ray. But if you need them, just say and I'll add them.

Comment

Originally posted by steamheaduk View Post
            OK, I've uploaded AVATAR_CE_D3.zip from which I've also excluded the .ssif files as they added over a GB to the size, as I assume you don't need stereoscopic information files to debug a potential indexing issue. Not sure why they even exist on this disc as it isn't a 3D blu-ray. But if you need them, just say and I'll add them.
            Thanks, we will download and check first, if we need any other info or there is update about the problem, we will let you know.

Comment

UPDATE:

Hi steamheaduk , it's been fixed, please update to the latest DVDFab 11.0.0.5 to try again.

Comment

Working...
              X